Some pics from the Hass turbo install

Started by Slacey, March 8, 2005, 07:55

Slacey

Below is a short selection of pics from the install. As soon as I can clean the car I will get some of the finished article, so I will update this thread soon.

Anyone know what this thing is sticking out of the block?

Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Your engine is way too clean, go drive it!
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

SimonC_Here

That'll be before the first drive sprayed oil all over it  s:) :) s:)

Simon

Jap GT300

s8) 8) s8)  Nice one Sean.

It doesn't look like much for your money when you see it all lying there though.  I guess the drive makes up for that   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

GSB

Quote from: "Slacey"Anyone know what this thing is sticking out of the block?

Cooling system bleed point? Looks like it goes into the water jacket from here...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"

Cooling system bleed point? Looks like it goes into the water jacket from here...

Beat me to it. Was about to say the same thing.........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

kanujunkie

nice Sean  s:D :D s:D  

got any pictures of how the intake connects up, wheres the filter now??
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "kanujunkie"got any pictures of how the intake connects up, wheres the filter now??
If you look at the last photo you will see the intake pipe feeding the turbo - if you follow it to the left you can just see part of the K&N filter. It sits on top of the horizontal brace just above the rear drive shaft.

Anonymous

How long to you reckon to completion? When do we all get to see/hear it?!!!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slacey"If you look at the last photo you will see the intake pipe feeding the turbo - if you follow it to the left you can just see part of the K&N filter. It sits on top of the horizontal brace just above the rear drive shaft.

now thats buried, took me a bit to find it on the photo  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

wow mate that looks wikid, ill have to come and have a look at it soon!

kanujunkie

are you going to get those tips chromes then Sean, or is there some type of cover for them, gotta do something?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "kanujunkie"are you going to get those tips chromes then Sean, or is there some type of cover for them, gotta do something?
They don't look too bad to be fair, but now they are bedding in, the right exit has changed colour from the heat and is carboned up a bit, whereas the left one (which hardly gets any gas through it) still looks like new!

Tips are going to be necessary methinks.

kanujunkie

surely there should be equal gas flow?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "GSB"

It's more like a "block drain", this is used prior to removing a cylinder head, saves draining the complete system if the head ever needs to be removed.  

Anonymous

No welding was necessary?

Anonymous

Looks fantabulous!

I can get some of the MR2 exhaust finishers from my dealer for next to nothing but dunno if they'd fit on thoes pipes?

Slacey

Unlikely that they would fit James as the pipe bore is 3" - a little larger than the stock size  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I would appreciate you checking it out though  s:) :) s:)  

As for the gas flow through the exhausts, it was designed as a single exit system with the other pipe tacked on mainly for looks. You'll see that the TTE is the same - far more gas from one pipe then the other.

Slacey

Quote from: "phat"No welding was necessary?
Sorry, missed that one in my first reply! No, no welding was necessary, everything was pre-built - and very accurately too.

kanujunkie

surprised they didn't baffle the higher flow one to get an even flow, even if only for asthetic reasons
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Bongo

Surely that would have a negative effect on performance though?

kanujunkie

possibly but it depends on the layout of the baffles, yes if they're put in the main outlet pipe but no if they're put within the main box and used to guide the gas flow, at work the aircraft use this on the air conditioning system to balance the outflow and  circulate the air around the aircraft
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

When do you reckon it will be finished Sean?

Slacey

Quote from: "John Woodward"When do you reckon it will be finished Sean?
Sorry John I missed your question too!

The car is actually up and running right now. The high idle problem that I suspected was a vacuum leak was confirmed as likely by Jay Hass, and mysteriously has dissapeared tonight anyway - It ran like a beauty on the way home!

The suspected minor oil leak will be checked out in a few minutes, I don't need the car now until Friday so I will get it up on the ramps and take a look.

So, I will have to arrange a meet soon for it's public unveiling  s:) :) s:)

kanujunkie

or save it for JAE, i'm sure some people will see before but could give you time to sort out an niggling problems
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: