TTE rear spoiler positioning

Started by Scooby250, August 5, 2019, 13:02

Scooby250

Hi All,

I have recently picked up a TTE rear spoiler which I'm in the process of stripping down and spraying.
Does anyone know where abouts it is meant to be fitted to ie how far from the end of the engine cover as I have seen it in 2 or 3 positions.

Many thanks
2005 Sable FL, 2zz engine, Cobra quad exhaust, Malian sports cat, TRD spoiler, tte/gb body kit, T-Sport Leather Seats, 17" Rial TX Alloys, Toyo Proxie TR1, KYB shocks and Tein springs

Petrus

For max aero effect, you want it as far back on the deck as you can mount it. Legally the limit is that it stays within the rear of the bumper.

For the rest it as you like it best.

Carolyn

Mine is mounted with the back edge of the upright 25 mm from the back edge of the engine lid.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

tricky1138

That looks like a TRD spoiler rather than TTE.

If it is the TRD one then mount as Carolyn says.

TTE would be the banana one, which should be mounted at the front of the engine lid, near the roof, but it doesnt look like a banana one!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Scooby250

Quote from: tricky1138 on August  5, 2019, 15:42That looks like a TRD spoiler rather than TTE.

TTE would be the banana one, which should be mounted at the front of the engine lid, near the roof, but it doesnt look like a banana one!

You are right this one is for the back of the car. As I preferred the look of it to the banana style tte.
I did wonder if it was a tte or a trd either way I like the look it gives.
2005 Sable FL, 2zz engine, Cobra quad exhaust, Malian sports cat, TRD spoiler, tte/gb body kit, T-Sport Leather Seats, 17" Rial TX Alloys, Toyo Proxie TR1, KYB shocks and Tein springs

tricky1138

Quote from: Scooby250 on August  5, 2019, 15:49
Quote from: tricky1138 on August  5, 2019, 15:42That looks like a TRD spoiler rather than TTE.

You are right this one is for the back of the car. As I preferred the look of it to the banana style tte.
I did wonder if it was a tte or a trd either way I like the look it gives.

Best spoiler in my opinion - that's why i have one on mine!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

wotugonado

Open the engine lid up and underneath are some rubber grommets. Iirc these line up with the Mounting bolt in the spoiler (or at least with one of the bolts)
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Scooby250

Thank you all for you info and advice I fitted the spoiler last night.
I think it's starting to look pretty good from the back now.

Petrus

Tags: