25hp Dry Nitrous shot, with stock ecu, 1zz engine & injectors

Started by A.Singh, July 22, 2020, 13:40

A.Singh

Quote from: Petrus on July 23, 2020, 00:02
Quote from: A.Singh on July 22, 2020, 20:55A have a facelift mr2 which probably weighs about 1000kg

Best put it on the weighbridge and be prepared for a reality check.

Hmm you know what, ive never weighed it, maybe I shud give it a go

Petrus

Quote from: A.Singh on July 23, 2020, 00:56
Quote from: Petrus on July 23, 2020, 00:02
Quote from: A.Singh on July 22, 2020, 20:55A have a facelift mr2 which probably weighs about 1000kg

Best put it on the weighbridge and be prepared for a reality check.

Hmm you know what, ive never weighed it, maybe I shud give it a go

My pfl was 1060 kg.

Ozzy

Can't remember exactly but my PFL was either 1020 or 1040kg without the spare wheel but had full aftermarket exhaust and a subwoofer fitted.

Edit;
Sorry I was wrong. Looked through my old posts and the weight was actually 1010kg.

Mine is 20kg less than the figure quoted by the Parkers website which lists 1030kg.

Petrus

The crux is how, thus whát you weigh.
Otherwise we are comparing nn comparable data.

Mine was 1060 kg ready to drive; with spare wheel, tools and full tank of gas.
When I last put in on the scales it weighed 900 kg. without spare/tool kit but with foam can and simplified kit, 15l of fuel.

A.Singh

I removed the hard top, spare wheel, jack and always keep less than half a tank of premium fuel in

So I will have to weigh it and see where it is. I hope around 1010kg max

Petrus

Quote from: A.Singh on July 24, 2020, 00:00I removed the hard top, spare wheel, jack and always keep less than half a tank of premium fuel in

So I will have to weigh it and see where it is. I hope around 1010kg max

Hard top being an option does not feature in the given weights.
The FL is, depending on year/options, up to 50 kilos heavier than the PFL.
Never mind the hopeful calculations, just put it in a weighbridge.
For the rest don´t worry too much about the number. It weighs what it weighs and there is plenty of scope for improvement; you can shed 10 kg with a lightweight battery and 20 with an aftermarket exhaust system. lighter wheels can be another 10 and those count several times.
As I wrote mine is some 900 now and there could be some 15 kilo more found with lightweight bonnet, rear lid, polycarbonate windscreen.

A.Singh

Yes for sure will get in in the weigh bridge. Looking forward to the 'reality check' that i will get, hopefully not tooo far from my initial 1000kg estimate haha.

Oh and for the rest of the weight... beleive me im not worried 😉 just rather curious, as I do like specific stats.

And lithium batteries are great but too expensive for me per AH. So i went for this 22AH Sealed lead gel battery, 4.6kg lighter than stock, with a whopping 22AH of capacity, i paid £46 off ebay including delivery and OEM style adaptors

Yes lighter wheels... my absolute favourite would be TE37 3.7kg @15", vs stock 7.5kg 16" on the fl. But PRICEY! mcould go rpf1 4.4 or konig dial ins 5kg

What single pipe exhaust system would you recommend, for performance and light weight? But still with a muffler

A.Singh

Quote from: Petrus on July 23, 2020, 18:14The crux is how, thus whát you weigh.

When I last put in on the scales it weighed 900 kg. without spare/tool kit but with foam can and simplified kit, 15l of fuel.

Ok here so my weigh results:

With my mr2 containing the following...
- factory TTE bodykit & ducktail
- TTE style bar
- TTE twin exhaust with remus muffler
- Leather seats & original car mats
- stock double din radio
- more than quarter tank fuel, at about 27% full

Spare wheel & jack removed

Car weight: 1020kg

Im happy with that 🙂, just 20kg over my estimate. Now ive got a starting point for if i ever want to do further weight reduction.

Quote from: shnazzle on July 23, 2020, 00:17No surprise the facelift is quite a bit heavier and definitely over 1000,excluding driver and only half a tnak fuel I believe.
You'll likely be lucky to see any change for a 1200 kg guess.

@shnazzle 1200kg 😲 cmon mate thats what a 5 seater ep3 civic type r with a 2.0 K20 engine and a big boot to hold a full set of tyres... weighs 😂

Ardent

Thats a lot better than I was expecting.

Where did you get it weighed

Got to get rid of 21kg for openers

shnazzle

Quote from: A.Singh on July 24, 2020, 16:20
Quote from: Petrus on July 23, 2020, 18:14The crux is how, thus whát you weigh.

Ok here so my weigh results:

With my mr2 containing the following...
- factory TTE bodykit & ducktail
- TTE style bar
- TTE twin exhaust with remus muffler
- Leather seats & original car mats
- stock double din radio
- more than quarter tank fuel, at about 27% full

Spare wheel & jack removed

Car weight: 1020kg

Im happy with that 🙂, just 20kg over my estimate. Now ive got a starting point for if i ever want to do further weight reduction.

Quote from: shnazzle on July 23, 2020, 00:17No surprise the facelift is quite a bit heavier and definitely over 1000,excluding driver and only half a tnak fuel I believe.
You'll likely be lucky to see any change for a 1200 kg guess.

@shnazzle 1200kg 😲 cmon mate thats what a 5 seater ep3 civic type r with a 2.0 K20 engine and a big boot to hold a full set of tyres... weighs 😂

Unfortunately the facelift weighs a fair bit more than pre-fl, like said. 
It has substantially more metalwork than the pre-fl, heavier lights, more lights, bigger bumper (slight), heavier seats, 1inch bigger wheels in the back. 
This is why track addicts prefer the pre-fl
...neutiquam erro.

A.Singh

@shnazzle I hear ya, but at 1020kg im glad I got a LOT more than a bit of change from a 1200kg guess ;D

On my TTE spec facelift model

shnazzle

Quote from: A.Singh on July 24, 2020, 16:55@shnazzle I hear ya, but at 1020kg im glad I got a LOT more than a bit of change from a 1200kg guess ;D

On my TTE spec facelift model
Mind I'm going off some stats that were provided to me and including a passenger. So if its 1020 without passenger then the guesstimate is about accurate. Sometimes kerb weight includes a passenger, sometimes it doesn't. So who knows what the 1200 was based on.
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Oh my Singh, you are well underay down the mod. rabbit hole :-)  Have fun!

Oh, and have a read at Belle´s thread. I shared just about all mods.

Petrus

Quote from: A.Singh on July 24, 2020, 13:07What single pipe exhaust system would you recommend, for performance and light weight? But still with a muffler

There is ample choice and also a plethora of threads covering this. Dó try find a personalised exhaust tip ;-)

Tags: