Hardtop Fixing Kit ..

Started by Anonymous, August 7, 2003, 15:10

Anonymous

I am just about to buy a hardtop without some of the fixing kit.  

I have the parts listing (picture below) and gathered the prices from Toyota but havent got any fitting instructions, does anyone have a copy the can email to me ?

Also, does you know what parts 69341-17010 and 69342-17010 are, they are listed as "plate cover hook" but cant work out from the picture what they are.

i have copied the part list below and highlighted them.

any help would be much appreciated ...

Thanks

Léon

e mailto:leon_judge@ntlworld.com">leon_judge@ntlworld.com e  

Anonymous

I 'think' they are little leather covers that go over 2 posts each site of the car...

BTW, could you send me your parts list and how much you have been quoted?

Anonymous

right here goes ...

Side Panels RH   62511-07090   £58.42
Side Panels LH   62512-17080   £58.44
Locking Post   69431-17011   £60.05
Locking Post   69432-17011   £60.05
Lockdown Bracket   58395-17020   £19.23
Lockdown Bracket   58396-17020   £19.23
Defroster Cable   82187-17030   £10.51
Plate Cover Hook   69341-17010   £14.22
Plate Cover Hook   69342-17010   £14.22
Cover Plug                   63259-17010   £22.56

all plus VAT ...

there are also various bolts etc probably totalling about £7.00.

regarding the leather cover bits, are they required ?

also, do you know what the last part "cover plug" is ?

Can these parts be sourced anywhere cheaper, i tried two toyota dealers in Nottingham and prices were the same?

Thanks

Léon

Anonymous

Thats about the same as what i have (but i think i have the codes for the bolts too).

As for the covers, i dont think they are essential, but anyone with a hard top will correct me if im wrong....

You may be able to get them shiped over here, but you would still have to pay customs etc... may work out cheaper though.

Most dealers should give you 10% off, i know i can get that from my local dealer as i have a voucher from they saying so.

Not sure what the last bit is, again, someone with the HT will fill  you in.

Anonymous

P.S. My posting should have been in appearance and not performance, can it be moved ?    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

I've got them, they're like little boxing gloves for the posts.  I left them off for a while when I got the car.  Now they're on.  They make no difference whatsoever, they're just cosmetic.  And I'm not even certain they're real leather.

Anonymous

thanks, do you know what the last part in the picture is? "cover plug" ?

Anonymous

Ive been told that you dont have to buy the first 2 items on your list if your willing to cut your existing panels... if you know what your doing it could save you £100+ quid?

Anonymous

I had thought that, but didnt want to say for being accused of bodging !!
 s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
They should cut quite well and should be failry un-noticeable as the cut edge will only sit against the locking post anyway..

Thanks

Léon

Anonymous

Have you already got the hard top then or are you going to fit the kit and then look for one?

Anonymous

I have one coming, should be here later today, but from what i can gather it doesnt have all the fixings.

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_judge"thanks, do you know what the last part in the picture is? "cover plug" ?

You mean the thing in the bottom right of the pic, that looks like a frying pan with a small handle?  It looks like the glasses case type thing you get which you can then stow the leather boxing gloves and the two body covered panels that are used to replace the chrome looking hoops at the back of the car (I've not bothered taking them off, and just leave the panels in the case).

Anonymous

yeah, thats the one, thanks
Léon

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_judge"I have one coming, should be here later today, but from what i can gather it doesnt have all the fixings.

Is it brand new? where from? how much?

(so many questions....!)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

well, i have been after one since buying the car about 2 months ago.  I placed a wanted ad on findit.co.uk and had a call from a guy in Birmingham (theres another post relating to the same seller about stripping down MR2's for karting etc) and he wanted £1000 including all the fittings.  This seemed a bit expensive so I didnt buy that one

I had a call last night from another guy in macclesfield who makes up ferrari replicas from the MK2 MR2, like the one that was on top gear if you seen it, and he has had this hard top in his garage for about 6 - 8 months.  basically it was bought for someone who thought it was a MX5 hardtop and he got stuck with it since.  He is asking 425.00 including delivery from there to my home in Notts, so even with the fixings it still works out quite a bit cheaper than any others on offer.  Plus it is already silver so i wont need to get a respray.

Anonymous

£425 inc delivery is very good! and even better as its in your colour!!!   s:D :D s:D  Nice one!

Ive been told about one for £400 in my colour that im thinking about getting, but i would have to pick it up which would mean £50+ to hire a van (not the end of the world)... unfortunatly i just had to spend £1500 getting my car repared so although its a bargain, im in 2 minds as to weather i can afford it or not... just going to price up the fitting kit at the dealers this weekend and see what happens after that.

Anonymous

yeah, thats what i thought.  we are just in the process of booking our holiday, so its not the best time, but if i dont get it i know i will regret it when winter gets here!
i did see the photos on your site with the damage, looked quite bad !

Anonymous

LOL, think were in the same boat - im getting "if we cant afford to go on holiday then how can you afford a hard top" followed by various winging & whining....

Yeah, not the best thing 2 months after getting the car, but at least there was not body damage, just replaceable parts (i guess thats a good thing!)   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Liz

I am hoping to pick up my Hardtop next week from Topless, yet again - very lucky I don't have to get it sprayed, as Leon asked is there somewhere where you can see where all the fixings go, so when I meet up with Paul we do not end up with loads of bits and pieces that we don't know where they go?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Ive asked someone for fitting instructions so hopefully they will email them to me soon... i will send them onto both of you.

Liz

Thanks Kris, what a star you are!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  (OT: penny finished the book BTW - dont think she was in tears!)

markiii

One thing you should all bear in mind though minor.

In order to remove the left and right panels, whether to cut it (Kris) or swop them (Liz and Topless) you will have to remove the bolts that secure the seatbelt mounting.

No big deal but I have heard that the are onc only use items due to safety and the load that goes through them in the event of a snash.

For the couple of quid they should cost I'd replace them to be on the safe side.

Kris should be able to get the part numbers from his dealer.

MArk..
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

thanks all, hardtop just arived, just giving it a polish !!     s:) :) s:)  
Cant wait to see it on !, just need to get them fixings ...
Léon

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"One thing you should all bear in mind though minor.

In order to remove the left and right panels, whether to cut it (Kris) or swop them (Liz and Topless) you will have to remove the bolts that secure the seatbelt mounting.

No big deal but I have heard that the are onc only use items due to safety and the load that goes through them in the event of a snash.

For the couple of quid they should cost I'd replace them to be on the safe side.

Kris should be able to get the part numbers from his dealer.

MArk..

So what should i be asking for? The bolts that hold the seat belt in?

Tags: