basic question i know.

Started by Anonymous, May 22, 2005, 12:06

Anonymous

Ok here goes i want to get more power out of my 2004 MR2 Red.What is the best way to achieve it???????Budget about a grand.  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

kanujunkie

Unichip and dyno for a start
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

What he said!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

TTE exhaust and Apexi power intake wouldn't hurt either, plus a trip to a pre-cat gutting meet
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

As said above concentrate on improving the air flow and remap to get more out of the engine. For a little more than a grand you should just be able to get a Unichip, performance exhaust, drop in performance air filter, and larger H&S air inlet pipe to the air box   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

What difference does a unichip make to insurance costs???Also i have been reading some web sites some are quoting gains in BHP from 138 to 160 chipped is this correct??????  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Chris

Insurance changes all depend on who you're with.  I'm with Dorset via the mr2dc club scheme, and while the headline premium may not be the lowest, I feel that their relaxed attitude to mods and track day cover more than makes up for it!!  My unichip didn't cost me any extra...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

In previous posts on here, people with main stream insurance have been asked for a variety of extras, from just the fee for an extra certificate to a lot lot more - the only way to know is to phone your company and be prepared...

as for hp, then yes, 160 has been known on here, as mph had it in his pre-turbo days...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

heathstimpson

I only paid a little more for all my mods with Adrain Flux. Told them that I would not know the BHP increase with chip until its been on the rolling road but estimated +8-10MHP  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Unichip, what Unichip  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Unichip, what Unichip  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Better get it off your tag before anybody spots it and starts asking questions  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

BIG BROTHER is watching the internet you know.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: