I do like shiny :)

Started by TheTigerUK, November 3, 2022, 18:17

J88TEO

Quote from: Petrus on December  5, 2022, 22:54From Wednesday, April 6, 2022, Yahoo! JAPAN is no longer available in the EEA and the United Kingdom
You can buy through proxy sites like buyee.jp

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on December  6, 2022, 09:29You can buy through proxy sites like buyee.jp

Thanks. In the past I have used such for JDM vintage Grand Seiko but for a bling windscreen surround it is too much hassle and added cost ALL of which is subject to duties and vat.
It will add up to eye watering expensive and there´s more things to be done with that kind of money  :))

TheTigerUK

Quote from: J88TEO on December  6, 2022, 09:29You can buy through proxy sites like buyee.jp

I used Buyee for the last lot of shinies I bought, all went like clockwork and the shipping time from Japan to UK was amazingly good.

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Ardent on December  3, 2022, 20:03As we are in panto season.
Oh no, you're not.  :))

(You just don't know it yet)

The tte twin exit zorst.
Best looking and sounding zorst and OEM to boot. Fact.

But you sold yours, why ?
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Petrus

Quote from: TheTigerUK on December  6, 2022, 17:16But you sold yours, why ?

There is more profound things than looks and sound?  Says me with bling chrome and a HelloKitty exhaust tip ;)

Ardent

Quote from: TheTigerUK on December  6, 2022, 17:16But you sold yours, why ?
Swapped out for a system with improved flow.

Sold the tte to offset the cost. Should have kept it in storage and swallowed the cost.

Joesson

Quote from: Ardent on December  7, 2022, 12:55Swapped out for a system with improved flow.

Sold the tte to offset the cost. Should have kept it in storage and swallowed the cost.

Hindsight, a most useful sense, the problem is only with the timing of it's deployment!

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on December  7, 2022, 12:55Swapped out for a system with improved flow.

Which is a véry good thing on turbo.

QuoteShould have kept it in storage and swallowed the cost.

Your über 8) TTE Turbo being the only case I agree as it is the OEM TTE muffler, but otherwise imo not much of a loss.

J88TEO

I am glad I bought the TTE off @shnazzle  ;D

Petrus

Does anyone know where the photos of TTE cut open for repacking has gone. Can´t find it here or elsewhere. It shows the internal design. Illustrates why it burbñes so uniquely, why it flows less than the standard muffler and why it over time blows the packing.

shnazzle

Quote from: Petrus on December  7, 2022, 14:46Does anyone know where the photos of TTE cut open for repacking has gone. Can´t find it here or elsewhere. It shows the internal design. Illustrates why it burbñes so uniquely, why it flows less than the standard muffler and why it over time blows the packing.
The internals were... Special....
But not sure about the "flowing less" part. Especially not on a stock 1zz. And even the 180hp TTE turbo setup didn't struggle with it.
And even people who pushed the TTE to 200hp did so with a stronger wastegate spring and a sports cat, not the backbox 
...neutiquam erro.

Petrus

Quote from: shnazzle on December  7, 2022, 15:10But not sure about the "flowing less" part. Especially not on a stock 1zz. And even the 180hp TTE turbo setup didn't struggle with it.
And even people who pushed the TTE to 200hp did so with a stronger wastegate spring and a sports cat, not the backbox

Of course the turbo will blow more if the pop valve is set at higher pressure, thus producing more power. That is no ´proof´ of muffler flow though; the turbo will simply need to work harder to force it through. With a better flowing exhaust it will reach the same pressure earlier and with less pressure from the exhaust gases leaving the cilinder, less high revs of the turbo itself.
A look at the TTE internals will as I write illustrate the point.

Ardent

@Petrus
These

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Joesson

When "Search" fails, as it often does, just ask @Ardent!

Call the midlife!

Of course there's no actual proof that it restricts flow is there? It's just an assumption and those Germans know what they're doing when it comes to gas flow...
60% of the time it works everytime...

Ardent

Joesson

Quote from: Call the midlife! on December  7, 2022, 21:39Of course there's no actual proof that it restricts flow is there? It's just an assumption and those Germans know what they're doing when it comes to gas flow...

Is that intended to be topical?

Ardent

Proof? No.

But from @peterus  post #36 "With a better flowing exhaust it will reach the same pressure earlier"
That is what I found. Does not give me any more, but gives me what I have, earlier.

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on December  7, 2022, 20:50@Petrus
These 

YESSSSS!!!!!

The two issues:

1. there is no gas tight separation beween the absobtion damped tubes on either end, meaning that the gasses can blow through the absobtion material. This is why the muffler will get louder to a lót louder over time.
There shoúld be a baffle in the middle with the tube passing through and it baffles me (pun intended) that this was approved by the TüV because it is specified in the regulations that the route of the gas should not be able to go throúgh the damping material.

2. the T-junction plumbing has several step down(s) in diameter and the T is a flow stopper

The T-junction into the two different diameter out tubes is also the neat ´burbler´.

p.s. the twin tips are blíng so on topic, but the innards of the muffling, performance of the muffler not even fringe bling no?!
Mind, I am ok with it but maybe @TheTigerUK not?
Second maybe is that the search function might find this better if we open a thread with in in the title?

Call the midlife!

Ardent

The route the exhaust gases take through the malian.

Link is to a vid on my cloud. Basically straight through.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjKQRUlKMbdSjmDYS85xWoqfSKAQ?e=fLy03p

Joesson

Quote from: Call the midlife! on December  7, 2022, 22:11Topical??

Reference to Germans and (natural) gas flow, or not, from the East.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Joesson on December  7, 2022, 22:30Reference to Germans and (natural) gas flow, or not, from the East.

Aaah, nope, I try my best to avoid it.

Petrus

Quote from: Ardent on December  7, 2022, 22:29The route the exhaust gases take through the malian.

Link is to a vid on my cloud. Basically straight through.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjKQRUlKMbdSjmDYS85xWoqfSKAQ?e=fLy03p

Thank for the clear illustration Jason.
Should be clear in contrast to the T-junction and the interesting plumbing of it.

Joesson

From the cut away photo it is clear, to me, that aesthetics had little to do with the design/ manufacture of that system. It looks like it's been cobbled together with spare bits from the back of a plumber's van and assembled in a badly lit shed.

Tags: