Pre-mapped Unichip - early impressions

Started by Anonymous, May 27, 2005, 23:13

Anonymous

Fitted the pre-mapped Unichip a couple of days ago (thanks for the torx - Heath; thanks for the chip Jack).

What an amazing difference - as Liz had mentioned, much-much more confident overtaking. Having driven the Lotus a few times previously, the whole package feels more 'Elise-like'.  Also, I'm finding the ABS is kicking in far more frequently than I'm used to - too much hard braking at speed around the country lanes  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

In my opinion it's awesome - driving home from Cambridge to Manchester on the M6 toll road, I kept crossing the 70 barrier far earlier than expected, having to 'ease off' on several ocassions.

As with other reports - the chip seemed to really drink petrol at first then settle down. I'm using the B setting at all times, and can't get this stupid grin off my face  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sounds great with the Postert exhaust and Apexi intake...  has to be THE BEST mod of the moment - I love it!  

Leahcim

heathstimpson

Glad your enjoying it. I have actually started to get used to mine and feel its the norm. I'm sure if I remove it I would notice the difference though  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

How much are they and where can I get one?

They easy to fit?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "mikeep"How much are they and where can I get one?

They easy to fit?
They are very easy to fit if you purchase from the States with the plug in loom as we did on the last group buy. If you do a search on Unichip you will find out loads on cost and where to purchase from  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  To start you off here is the last group buy link:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5252 m

Liz

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Glad your enjoying it. I have actually started to get used to mine and feel its the norm. I'm sure if I remove it I would notice the difference though  s8) 8) s8)

Thats how I feel about mine now  s:) :) s:)   - been driving Simons Eunos around for the last few days and went to do an overtake and suddenly realised I did not have the welly to complete and had to back off   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"Glad your enjoying it. I have actually started to get used to mine and feel its the norm. I'm sure if I remove it I would notice the difference though  s8) 8) s8)

Thats how I feel about mine now  s:) :) s:)   - been driving Simons Eunos around for the last few days and went to do an overtake and suddenly realised I did not have the welly to complete and had to back off   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Has Simons got a 1.6 or 1.8 engine  s:?: :?: s:?:

Liz

He has a 1.6 so there is a difference anyway.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

yep, totally agree, i've found it quite useful as well to get a window lockout switch and wire that in for a map switch, that way it's easy to change on the move, i've also removed the alarm led from it's holder and used that for the map led, works really well. I have to do a lot of motorway time so the need for a less thirsty option is vital to me
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: