Changing cabin illumination colour

Started by Craigjm, February 18, 2023, 08:31

Craigjm

Has anyone ever found a way to change the illumination colour in the cabin? I really don't like the orange. I found this as an option to change the colour to blue

https://visual-performance.co.uk/toyota-mr2---mk3-roadster-1419-p.asp

Anyone ever done anything like that? And if so how would you change the colour of the clock?

Call the midlife!

Plenty of people have used the overlays with good effect but you have to be careful which ones you get, some will feed over the dial needles, some require the needles removing to fit and it can be a pain getting them back on correctly.
You can get aftermarket clock assemblies in different colours that fit in the OEM housing with a little bit of fettling, I had one that also showed outside temperature and volts but the backup battery died fairly quickly with mine being stood with the battery disconnected.
60% of the time it works everytime...

SuperArt

Be careful. I am not sure these things are all that great quality.
You cannot view this attachment.

This came up on facebook today, owner complaining of poor quality/degradation.
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Topdownman

This is one (binnacle not included)  I got from;

T4cs

They are not shown on the website now but you could contact them to see if they still do them?

They usually have a stall at the Drivers Club national event so you can see the excellent quality of their products.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

jvanzyl

Quote from: Topdownman on April  3, 2023, 22:32This is one (binnacle not included)  I got from;

T4cs

They are not shown on the website now but you could contact them to see if they still do them?

They usually have a stall at the Drivers Club national event so you can see the excellent quality of their products.
How have I never heard of this place????

Bugster_MR2

Bugster
2001 red with KW3, TRD rear brace, Zero race cat and MAF-mod.
2003 silver TTE Turbo, underbrace, sidescoops, style bar, front bumper, rear spoiler, interior garnish, exhaust

Topdownman

I cant recommend them enough, I have one of their re trimmed steering wheels and the bumper exit exhaust rear box.

He sells these dashs as an exchange unit so it came with the needles already attached which saves a lot of work if you have to try to reposition the needles yourself (as I had to do on my other 2), the mph is almost spot on with my sat nav speed too, which I like.

Definitely worth a chat if you have something in mind as a lot of stuff will no doubt be made to order.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: