My TTE spoiler

Started by TheTigerUK, April 30, 2023, 12:20

TheTigerUK

I picked up a TTE spoiler last year in silver so I stripped it, primed it, sprayed it with rattle cans and then clear coated each having a couple of coats.

I was pretty chuffed with my works :)

But a month ot so after fitting it the finish began to bubble and looked really poor and quite p***d me off so I decided that I would have it sprayed by a pro but as seems to be the case these days I was let down and it just never happened and then I saw the work Mick Thompson does dipping all kinds of stuff so a couple of pms and I dropped my spoiler and instrument cover off to him to be dipped in a carbon finish, why carbon ? I don't know I just fancied it, different :)

While at his place he showed me some of his work, really really impressed he is an artist and perfectionist, good stuff.

The photos show the spoiler being stripped and the first carbon coats applied before they have a couple of coats of lacquer and a little personalized logo applied.

Also the cover.

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

SuperArt

Binnacle finish looks very similar to the one you could buy from toyota directly. I have it on mine, only difference being the original part is slightly darker. Otherwise pattern even looks spot on.
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Ardent

@TheTigerUK

Liking that.
Looking forward to seeing that in the flesh.

Ardent

Is he local?

Clicked the name. FB link so unable to open.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Ardent on April 30, 2023, 14:23Is he local?

Clicked the name. FB link so unable to open.
Just up the road in Long Eaton.

TheTigerUK

Ardent

TheTigerUK

Final lacquer coat.

puma2

:) good job hope its not to bright when driving with sun on it  :))  :))  :))

Craigjm

How do you remove the binacle?

Alex Knight

Just pull it off towards you.

J88TEO

Drop the steering wheel first.

Tags: