Cat pipe

Started by ucb, June 4, 2023, 18:08

ucb

As the garage struggle to repair the flexi section on the midsection of my exhaust, my mind is wondering onto topics of full replacement.
The current set-up is a replacement aftermarket manifold (brand unknown) into a standard mid-section with catalyst and standard single rear section/back box
I suspect I only need to replace the middle section of the exhaust but the query I have is whether a Zero exhaust 200cell cat pipe would connect to the current manifold (which obviously connects to the standard cat pipe)?

I could of course consider going to an exhaust place and have a catalyst pipe made to fit.
I suspect I'll end up throwing more cash at a backbox too at this rate

Carolyn

200 cell cats tend to be borderline for emissions testing.  Mind you, the stuff I've seen from Zero is very high quality. 

The Cats2U after market cat passes MOT no bother and is keenly priced.  It's a direct replacement.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

ucb

Awesome, thanks

Iain

I run the zero cat pipe. Its very well made, highly reccomended.

J88TEO

I have Zero manifold, 200 cell cat and TTE rear box and have no problem with MOT.

Alex Knight

What's the issue with repairing the old cat? It only normally needs new flexis welding in, not a particularly difficult job.

ucb

It sounds like the guy running the place has just waited for his parts locator staff member to come back from holiday.
Hopefully there's going to be a call today.....

tets

I have one for sale in the classifieds section if you want to go down the new(ish) standard route

Tags: