TRD Stage 2 Front bumper fitment

Started by EJMK3, July 1, 2023, 07:30

EJMK3

Hi all, have fitted a TRD Stage 2 front bumper and the panel gaps are fairly noticeable - especially under the drivers side headlight and wheel arch. Any tips or ideas on how to make this better? All the tabs are intact and fitted correctly (I'm fairly sure!) Wondering if the screws and plastic expanding nuts that fit the wheel arch connecting bolts need changed? Thank you all!

Ardent

Pics might help.

Do they operate like the rear bumper plastic bits under the arch.
Are they done up tight vs used to balance the gap.

Carolyn

The bumper is quite heavy and I had the same issues.

I fibre-glassed '6mm 'Bigheads' (look them up) to the insides, lining them up with the hole left by removing one of the plastic clips.  Then, with much fiddling, putting nuts on the other end.

They just need extra support.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

EJMK3

Quote from: Carolyn on July  1, 2023, 08:58The bumper is quite haavy and I had the same issues.

I fibre-glassed '6mm 'Bigheads' (look them up) to the insides, lining them up with the hole left by removing one of the plastic clips.  Then, with much fiddling, putting nuts on the other end.

They just need extra support.
oh smart idea! That may be the solution, albeit awkward but these things are worth the time I'm sure! 😂 Think that will do it

EJMK3

Quote from: Ardent on July  1, 2023, 08:08Pics might help.

Do they operate like the rear bumper plastic bits under the arch.
Are they done up tight vs used to balance the gap.
yes same set up, seemed to have little room for balance- imagine the thread/ plastic is a bit worn now!

Tags: