O2 sensor (exhaust manifold) torque value?

Started by Bossworld, November 1, 2023, 10:10

Bossworld

Hi all,

Mum's car is showing P0155, I've got a new Denso DOX 0204 ready to go (left hand side as we look at it from teh rear, I believe).

I've searched on here and online but can't find a torque value for the O2 sensors? Is it just hand tight and a further turn to nip them up?

Also think I need to bleed the car as it was looking low on coolant last time I saw her and she said the temp gauge was going a little high. So that'll be fun, haven't had to do it in years and then the Mini dropped all its coolant in town the other week so two in a month :)

Hope all's well with everyone

SV-3

Quote from: Bossworld on November  1, 2023, 10:10Hi all,

Mum's car is showing P0155, I've got a new Denso DOX 0204 ready to go (left hand side as we look at it from teh rear, I believe).

I've searched on here and online but can't find a torque value for the O2 sensors? Is it just hand tight and a further turn to nip them up?

Also think I need to bleed the car as it was looking low on coolant last time I saw her and she said the temp gauge was going a little high. So that'll be fun, haven't had to do it in years and then the Mini dropped all its coolant in town the other week so two in a month :)

Hope all's well with everyone
That's the one - I did mine back in May.
Check the packaging - Denso included a small leaflet that specifies the torque.
I'm unable to find my paperwork at the moment - but the torque is about the same as for the spark plugs.
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Bossworld

Quote from: SV-3 on November  1, 2023, 11:28That's the one - I did mine back in May.
Check the packaging - Denso included a small leaflet that specifies the torque.
I'm unable to find my paperwork at the moment - but the torque is about the same as for the spark plugs.

Cheers mate you're right, didn't see it under the plastic bag.

If anyone finds the thread in the future, Denso leaflet states 35-45nm if screwing directly into the boss (M18 x 1.5mm).

EDIT: Went for 40nm. Old one came out surprisingly easy (though it had just been on a 150 mile motorway run). New one fitted, most difficult part is disengaging the plastic plug. P0155 code gone. Still runs well for an old girl, desperately needs de-rusting underneath tho.

GodalmingMR2

Coincidentally, I was just look at that - 44Nm is the answer.

Tags: