Gauging Interest- Replacement cover for lever release

Started by Anonymous, July 6, 2005, 00:16

Anonymous

I noticed in some of your pictures a lot of you are missing the "Pull" plate. I am planning a replacement part for this. I'm thinking of a metal blank with the word "Spyder" centered on it. The metal could be painted silver to match the silver on the door handles, or body color, or maybe polished stainless. The "Spyder" would be a vinyl decal and the whole thing coated in clear. What do you guys think? I could sell it separately or make a package deal with the "Pull Enhancement". Give me some feedback if you think this would be something you would be interested in.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Gregg

aaronjb

Yes, yes and a hundred times yes  s:) :) s:)   s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "Greggy"Give me some feedback if you think this would be something you would be interested in.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Make one that stays in there even when you slamdunk the top down and doesn't rattle and I'll buy one  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

Quote from: "Tem"Make one that stays in there even when you slamdunk the top down and doesn't rattle and I'll buy one  s8) 8) s8)

I don't think I can add any additional requirements to Tems comment!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"Make one that stays in there even when you slamdunk the top down and doesn't rattle and I'll buy one  s8) 8) s8)

fair enough on a cold day, but on a hot one mine clips in first time, perhaps a bit of bike chain teflon spray on the release clip to help it slide in better. As for the rattle, fixed mine with a bit of clear bath sealant, just pull off the PULL decal and stick it back on with sealant, hey presto
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"As for the rattle, fixed mine with a bit of clear bath sealant, just pull off the PULL decal and stick it back on with sealant, hey presto

I've done that as well...but they all seem to fail in sun  s:? :? s:?  I don't feel like using anything that will hold it there forever, cause there are two screws under it (which I'll need the minute I glue it permanently  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: )

markiii

blue tack has worked fine for me for 3 years
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

Although mine is also held on with blue tack, I wouldn't mind a nice shiny silver one!

S

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"As for the rattle, fixed mine with a bit of clear bath sealant, just pull off the PULL decal and stick it back on with sealant, hey presto

I've done that as well...but they all seem to fail in sun  s:? :? s:?  I don't feel like using anything that will hold it there forever, cause there are two screws under it (which I'll need the minute I glue it permanently  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: )

when i said bath sealant, i actually used a product similar to it Tem, called RTV, it a sealant/adhesive we use on the planes, mines been on 2 yrs and never failed, want me to send you some???
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

Can you still get the plate off if you need to or is it more or less permanent?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"Can you still get the plate off if you need to or is it more or less permanent?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

yeah it will come of needed, not permanent
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Greggy"I noticed in some of your pictures a lot of you are missing the "Pull" plate. I am planning a replacement part for this. I'm thinking of a metal blank with the word "Spyder" centered on it. The metal could be painted silver to match the silver on the door handles, or body color, or maybe polished stainless. The "Spyder" would be a vinyl decal and the whole thing coated in clear. What do you guys think? I could sell it separately or make a package deal with the "Pull Enhancement". Give me some feedback if you think this would be something you would be interested in.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Gregg

yes please

Anonymous

It appears the interest is there, so I will pursue making some samples that I can post pictures for your feedback. Yes the plan is to use RTV sealant. I have had excellent results with it. The heat will not affect it and it is not a problem to remove it at a later date. Thanks.

Chris

sounds like a winner all round then..  my tab is still missing in action after it flew off again the other day...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "Chris"sounds like a winner all round then..  my tab is still missing in action after it flew off again the other day...

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Never even had one with mine - obviously that's what happened to the previous owner, so I just have two ugly screws  s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

Snap I never had one either  s:( :( s:(    so Yes please![/quote]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Tem"

when i said bath sealant, i actually used a product similar to it Tem, called RTV, it a sealant/adhesive we use on the planes, mines been on 2 yrs and never failed, want me to send you some???
I wouldn't mind a squirt of that gear when I next see you matey in a couple of weeks  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Greggy"I noticed in some of your pictures a lot of you are missing the "Pull" plate. I am planning a replacement part for this. I'm thinking of a metal blank with the word "Spyder" centered on it. The metal could be painted silver to match the silver on the door handles, or body color, or maybe polished stainless. The "Spyder" would be a vinyl decal and the whole thing coated in clear. What do you guys think? I could sell it separately or make a package deal with the "Pull Enhancement". Give me some feedback if you think this would be something you would be interested in.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Gregg
I would be interested in a polished silver Syder one or even painted silver to match the door handles  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I'd be interested too, though I'd prefer a plain polished cover rather than a 'Spyder' one (simply because there are no other Spyder logos on my car).

Anonymous

Quote from: "lordretsudo"I'd be interested too, though I'd prefer a plain polished cover rather than a 'Spyder' one (simply because there are no other Spyder logos on my car).

I am going to offer a black one, a brushed aluminum one, and a polished stainless steel one. All will be available with or without the "Spyder" on it. The "Spyder" will be available in various colors. I will be posting pics of the samples in about two weeks. I think you guys are really going to like them.  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Greggy"I think you guys are really going to like them.  s:) :) s:)

It does sound like it   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Count me in. Bloody rattling gets on my boobies   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Slacey

In for a brushed aluminium if it goes ahead.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

brushed aluminium one for me also.
any chance of it saying 'MR2' instead of spyder???

markiii

likewise but would prefer Roadster in teh correct font
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: