VEILSIDE MRS IN THE UK!!!

Started by Anonymous, August 15, 2003, 13:40

Anonymous

Does anyone know someone/seen someone who has a veilside MRS in the uk as Ive just ordered one!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Does anyone know someone/seen someone who has a veilside MRS in the uk as Ive just ordered one!

BLING BLING BLING! sorry, i mean no i dont know anyone....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Sorry Im new to this what does bling bling mean?

Do you not like the kit?

Anonymous

sorry, just messing with ya!

Bit to OTT for my tastes... man i feel old!   s:? :? s:?

Hope4Sun

I don't think there is one in the UK yet, though Adam may have seen one come in on the import auctions, i know that Nemesis Performance now have the Veilside kit in stock (in the UK) for £3060, plus painting and fitting, thats a pretty good price  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Bah!  Ignore Kris, if he doesn't like something then it's wrong, apparently.

I don't know of anyone with a Veilside kit but there has been some discussion about it on here before and it's seemed to split people's opinions.  IIRC someone out there was after one, they're friggin' expensive though, about £3,000 plus fitting IIRC!

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

--H--

Edited to say Andy beat me to it!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Bah!  Ignore Kris, if he doesn't like something then it's wrong, apparently.

LOL, says hardcore.... classic!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Wow! It would be great to have the only one in the uk! I think it looks totally unique!

I could only afford it coz I wrote off my old black roadster, I was devestated!

I would post a pic but I dont know how??

Can someone show me please?

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Hardcore"Bah!  Ignore Kris, if he doesn't like something then it's wrong, apparently.

LOL, says hardcore.... classic!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"I would post a pic but I dont know how??

Can someone show me please?

put the pic on a web server somewhere, then in your post click on the Img button, then type in the full URL of the image location, then click the Img button again... job done!   s:D :D s:D  

If you need a place to host the pic, email it to  e mailto:mr2roc@mr2-roadster.co.uk">mr2roc@mr2-roadster.co.uk e  and i will put it on my server for you.

Liz

ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"I think it looks totally unique

...and totally destroys what the car is.

Anonymous

like this?

Anonymous

Exactly.... i take it back, that looks alright!   s:D :D s:D  

The one i saw had a REALLY long nose and that one doesnt....

Anonymous

Cheers mate!

I know what you mean, I think veilside have distorted their promo pics to make it look longer!

I was unsure at first.

How will the kit ruin the car?

Anonymous

there is one well about to be in a couple of weeks time in chelmsford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before you lot start it's not mine it's that girls i was talking to craige about (forgot her name   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) Paid £4000 fitted and sprayed   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

But i went to have a look the other day as she was very exicted emma thast it sorry LOL

and it looked very nice had it painted black

Anonymous

How I ROLLED!!! my beloved old black MR2 Roadster:

I was doing 70 coming round a tight bend on the M271 in Southampton in wet weather!

The back end came out and I steered away from the skid to try and correct it! Bad mistake!

The car went sideways off the road, the rear impacted with an embankment next to the hard shoulder flipping the car onto its side, it then rolled 360 then dropped 10 feet into a ditch smashing the front end. The momentum then took us 100 metres on our side before coming to a stop right next to an emergency telephone! convenient!

The chassis was compacted so we had to get out of the roof! Thank god for soft tops!

Apart from the neck ache we walked away uncscathed with the roll cage / pasenger area in one piece!

The car saved us really, hence Ive bought another!

Magnum Motor company in farnborough are importing the new car for me:( see following link for more info and pics):

m http://www.autobaseuk.com/bin/findcar.d ... GM01000422 m  

I noticed that the wheels were veilside too!

Should be arriving end of next week!

How do you think they managed to drop it so much?

Jap GT300

As with Magnums last car, I also saw this go through the auction.  They seem to bid high and sell high, holding the car for quite a while until the right buyer comes along.  Thats not really practical for most traders.

I think the kit is one of the best out there, apart from the GT300 of course  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"How will the kit ruin the car?

Heavy body panels changing the weight of the car, vents that do nothing (what the hell are the vents in the front all about!?), no aerodynamics to it, huge wheels that change how the car handles.  Replacement parts cost a wallet load when the whole point of the car is for it to be a easy to replace and recycle racer.  A WAY overpriced turbo on a engine that really isn't that keen on FI......

Anonymous

Hey! I've just realised that Magnum are about 3 minutes drive from where I work!

I remember going to a sandwich shop one lunchtime, and seeing a silver MRS with bodykit and eyebrows and so-on in a forecourt.. I'm sure it must be the same one I've seen in various pictures on this site.. did someone buy it from them?!

I actually like the look of that Veilside kit too!

Tim

Anonymous

A potential owner examines the front end of the veilside Spyder.

Anonymous

THAT is the funniest thing Ive seen all day!

Seriously where do you guys find this stuff!

My car IS Emu!!!!

Anonymous

Would be interested in seeing some decent photos of it.  The ones on the site are a little crap to say the least...bit fuzzy.

Anonymous

Animal and myself are well practiced at VS insulting...

Anonymous

Doesnt look anything like it dummy...the one in the "fuzzy" photo is BLUE!...kind of like the autoart model that you cant get.

Tags: