VEILSIDE MRS IN THE UK!!!

Started by Anonymous, August 15, 2003, 13:40

Anonymous

I skined a VX220 last week, should have seen the look I got when my twin pro drag exhaust was roaring in his face.   s8) 8) s8)

zud

I'd guess that the Kak beat you where the road went back to a single lane right after the lights(?)  A mate of mine has worked at Ford since his first car, and found that his low-geared 1.1 Fiesta could beat a Capri over 5 or 10 yards, and there were lots of lights where the road narrowed very quickly just after he left work.  He reckons it was the highlight of his day... winding up the boy-racers in their Capris!  He knew he would have been toast in another few seconds, like the Kak would, but he could leap off the line as quick as anything!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"I skined a VX220 last week, should have seen the look I got when my twin pro drag exhaust was roaring in his face.   s8) 8) s8)

I'm sorry what!?  Your 975kg + 140bhp 125/lb ft car beat a 850kg 145bhp 150/lb ft car!?  With a 5.6 0-60?!

Anonymous

You need to post pics of your engine bay.

Chris

on a similar note, did we ever get the specs of that member who had 180 brake na?  iirc, it was from a post ages ago in performance...

search, here i come...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"on a similar note, did we ever get the specs of that member who had 180 brake na?  iirc, it was from a post ages ago in performance...

search, here i come...

Don't think so, I had a quick look myself I don't even think he did it to his own engine, I think he got a friend to do it for him.  Guess at head work?

filcee

Quote from: "TemCam-lift...?

You know - the time when the engine starts breathing properly when the VVTi kicks in.  Well I knew what I meant - the cams lift the valves anyway don't they - otherwise you wouldn't go anywhere   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Quote from: "TemAbout the Ka...you shouldn't race them, just laugh at them and take off slowly. That should keep 'em wondering  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Maybe it was the lack of cam-lift   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

To Quote Han Solo: "Its all in the reflexes kid!"    s8) 8) s8)

filcee

My reflexes are fine - for my age.

But I do have to wait for the SMT elastic band to wind up to speed.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Jap GT300

I'm getting 162hp N/A and should be on at least 170 once the Dastek is fully operational.

Someone told me a while ago that N/A performance was LOUD and believe me at just 162hp it is spiting and bubbling like a rally car as you let off the throttle and screaming like its about to explode under heavy acceleration!

Bring on 170!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I'm getting 162hp N/A and should be on at least 170 once the Dastek is fully operational.

Someone told me a while ago that N/A performance was LOUD and believe me at just 162hp it is spiting and bubbling like a rally car as you let off the throttle and screaming like its about to explode under heavy acceleration!

Bring on 170!

Yeah but you have a downpipe right?  The precats and main cats get rid of A LOT of sound.  Remove them and it will sound really loud.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"I skined a VX220 last week, should have seen the look I got when my twin pro drag exhaust was roaring in his face.   s8) 8) s8)
!!!!!!

No offence but my guess is that the VX220 did not race you.

MadMigMR2

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I'm getting 162hp N/A and should be on at least 170 once the Dastek is fully operational.

Bring on 170!

What mods do you have???
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

LeeUK

The person with the 180Bhp NA tuned engine had his engine tuned at Fensports... dunno who he is though!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Im thinking about getting the Blitz turbo kit for my Veilside MRS. A place called Japspeed in Southampton where I live just sold one for £3000, will wait to see what the results are like first.

A bit unsure as my car is a bit twitchy at high speeds already!   s:? :? s:?  

What you guys reckon?

Anonymous

Never heard of Blitz turbo are you sure it wasn't Apexi..........
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1417 m

The turbo doesn't give or make you have higher top speeds it's just to make you get there quicker,if you like.I say go for it but research it as much as you can beforehand cause if you don't know what you want exactly, you can guarantee the place that fits it won't know what is needed.
Millway being the only place that i know of that have done a full install and the tuning aswell.

Good luck

Anonymous

Yes it is Apexi! Sorry got confused!

Do we know what improvements it makes to BHP and Torque?

Anonymous

Depends on what psi, and tuning etc but can get 200+bhp and 180lb torque.

Don't forget the £3k they quoted didn't have a management system and tuning which adds many ££££

You can import the kit for £2300.It took me 3 hours to fit my complete turbo setup, anyone can FIT it, if you know how a ratchet works, so thats £700 to install but not tune!!!! Bring it to me i'll do it for half that  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  You need a complete package not just a turbo bolted on then sent on your way, find out what they can do for management ecu, but if DAZ400 is going elsewhere i assume they can't help.

I'm not knocking Japspeed AT ALL. I haven't heard anything bad about them,just try and get everything done in 1 place so your not driving from 1 place to another, and you know exactly what it's going to cost all in.

What a load of waffle from me, but i am only trying to help.Honest  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

maybe you get nitrous in that price too?

you may want to check with your insurers about that though - even DIG wont allow!

mph

Mine is currently throwing out 220bhp & 210lb/ft. Supposed set at 7.5psi, but that's not what boost guage is saying   s:!: :!: s:!:  

I have no bad words to say against Simon at Japspeed - nice bloke, knows loads about superchargers & NOS, but..

Hedley at Millway has installed & properly tuned my turbo (SMT) and has more experience with MR2s in general. Last time I was at Japspeed they didn't have a rolling road - something that is required for tuning. (They may have now, I don't know.)

A'PEXi turbo? You could use it, but how many people do you know that have? I chose the PE kit since it's well used and all the issues are known about it. Simply can't say that about the A'PEXi.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

what does your boost guage say? more or less than it is
what guages did you get and er.... where's my pictures you said you'd send  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

mph

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"what does your boost guage say? more or less than it is
what guages did you get and er.... where's my pictures you said you'd send  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ummm,   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

a) 0.7bar, but drops back - but tend not to be looking at the gauge by that point...

b) Still haven't fitted the third gauge yet. Will see what I can do...
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

cabbydave

Did you ever get your kit? There is a supplier in the UK that make a slightly modified veilside kit. I am currently building one at the moment

shnazzle

The user "mph" might not even be alive anymore Dave...
Give up doctor, she's dead.
...neutiquam erro.

cabbydave

Ha ha idn't see 2003

Tags: