VEILSIDE MRS IN THE UK!!!

Started by Anonymous, August 15, 2003, 13:40

Anonymous

Actually I think you and I might have spoken on the phone. Dont you run GT INter?

Anonymous

I bought a MR2 Jspec wheel badge from you and talked to you about spyder badges for my calipers.....before I trashed the car!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"If someone can let me know when the next South Coast meet is I will bring it along for you all to check out!

Not sur what performance modifications have been made to it yet, does anyone know what the veilside exhaust (minus the turbo) puts out on the dyno bhp and torque?

Also what air filter/induction kit should I go for if it hasnt got one fitted?

It doesnt have the turbo?

Anonymous

I  dongt think so. Cant be sure until it arrives. I wouldnt have thought so though as the turbo alone costs £7000!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"I  dongt think so. Cant be sure until it arrives. I wouldnt have thought so though as the turbo alone costs £7000!
Can't be sure?!?!

Personally I would have found out what I was buying before it arrived!

Oh and could you shrink your avatar down a little bit when you get the chance please.

Ta!

--H--

Anonymous

hmm I don't think I would even have looked at a car I didnt know anything about   s:? :? s:?  

Without the FI its going to be really slooow dood!

Anonymous

What is FI and what is a tubby?

Anonymous

FI = Forced Induction: Turbocharger or supercharger

Don't know about a tubby.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"What is FI and what is a tubby?

At a guess, FI = Forced Induction(??) (ie a turbo) & tubby = fat!

Correct me if im wrong!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

So I need a fat turbo if the car hasnt got one already?

To be honest I trust the company I am buying the car from, Magnum Motor Company have got a good reputation and they are decent guys. I got as much info as poss before comitting myself but I am still in a position to pul out if the car arrives not to my satisfaction.

Like I said the Veilside MRS kit with exhaust, hood and turbo would cost £12k alone to supply and fit in the uk and Im only paying £15k for a 5000 mile car aswell.

Unless the overpriced (£7000 Veilside turbo drastically improves the car then Im happy with the standard MR2 VVTi performance....after my recent accident Im not sure Im ready for a turbo yet anyway!

Im buying the car for its uniqueness and modification possibilities not for ragging the arse off!

Anonymous

I would say they are saying that with all that extra weight (hence being called tubby!) that you would need a turbo or such like idealy as the car will be slower that standard...?

Anonymous

Hmm I see your point, maybe I will Dyno test it when it arives and make my decision from there.

As far as turbo kits and intake/induction kits are concerned what would you recommend?

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I would say they are saying that with all that extra weight (hence being called tubby!) that you would need a turbo or such like idealy as the car will be slower that standard...?

Well I don't remember calling it tubby (but it is) without FI those rear wheels are just there to look nice and nothing else.  You wont have the power to do anything with them, and the extra turn will slow you down.

(also the VS kit adds even more weight)
I'd maybe look into a turbo if your budget will stretch, you don't need to cough it 7k for a VS (which isn't that great anyway)

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Hmm I see your point, maybe I will Dyno test it when it arives and make my decision from there.

As far as turbo kits and intake/induction kits are concerned what would you recommend?

The PE turbo seems like a good buy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"
Quote from: "bluephoenix"Hmm I see your point, maybe I will Dyno test it when it arives and make my decision from there.

Cheers, where can I see one of those and prices?

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"
Quote from: "WoodenDummy"

Cheers, where can I see one of those and prices?

Oooh good question I dunno to be honest, I'm really not that bothered with FI myself right now.  I think "mph" has the PE Turbo on his SMT MR2, i'm sure he wouldn't mind you asking.

Jap GT300

My GT300 is being weighed on Saturday So I will post the reults.  I'm running some huge wheels too 17" 285's.  

I still got 7.8 0-60 and the car is an SMT   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Why does everyone think the wide body kits weigh more?  The panels for both VS and MC save weight.  I should have the proof on mine by the weekend!

For those going to Alton Towers I will bring my series 3 GTech so you can have some 0-60 runs.

Adam

mph

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Oooh good question I dunno to be honest, I'm really not that bothered with FI myself right now.  I think "mph" has the PE Turbo on his SMT MR2, i'm sure he wouldn't mind you asking.

With the size wheels required for the Veilside, it'll have considerably less acceleration (and braking) performance than a stock. To give you an idea (and if I recall correctly) you need about 25bhp more if you have 17" wheels on to keep up with an otherwise comparable '2 running the stock 15" wheels.*

As for the turbo, The veilside screams out for it anyway   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   The PE kit is a good basis, although it needs engine management and tuning to properly get it up and running. Millway (Andover) has done most of the work and is also pretty close to you. Given your proximity it'd be crazy to use anyone else.

As for price, being the leading edge is always at a premium, the good news however is second time around with the experienced gained between Millway & I we could certainly do it a lot cheaper and shorter time.

I'm away this weekend (woo hoo driving at Dijon & Magny Cours circuits!) but certainly I'm up for a meet - I'm interested in how the Veilside looks (as is Millway, though that's nothing to do with me), so we could arrange that for something like morning of Sat 30th?

*very roughly tested at Donnington circuit - straight line acceleration - my '2 with unichip & 17" wheels vs. pmdye's '2.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"For those going to Alton Towers I will bring my series 3 GTech so you can have some 0-60 runs.

ohhhh... can i have a go please....   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Why does everyone think the wide body kits weigh more?  The panels for both VS and MC save weight.  I should have the proof on mine by the weekend!

I think you'll find the proper VS full set up add A LOT more weight, in places it adds parts and doesn't replace them.  The Mono replaces a part it doesn't add extra.  Even without the extra weight those VS wheels will kill acceleration.

Jap GT300

I must be seeing double  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Look what I've just been offered from auction Tomorrow at USS Tokyo.

Price is 1,290,000 Yen, Thats £6500 I was offered this about 2 weeks ago and nobody bid on it!  I might make a low level entry bid on it.

Adam

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"

Adam

Means a lot to me  s:) :) s:)

The first pic looks just a smidgen like BP's new ride.  Wonder if they're reusing pics?

Anonymous

If your going to go FI then you'll want to find yourself about 4k before even contemplating it, BUT don't expect it to stop there, once the turbo is on you'll realise the potential power available,and then the need to protect the engine from destruction, then the cost rises.

As others have said, it's going to need something cause all show and NO go is going to spoil the car.In my opinion the kit does look nice would like to see it up close sometime, my preference still lies with the monocraft.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Jap GT300

According to the translation this one is a turbo, has 18" wheels CD/MD player, adjustable sports suspension and lots of dents and scratches.

It has been given the lowest possible auction grade (1) before being recognised as a damaged car.

The auctions are not aloud to reuse pictures it is against there policy and japanese law

What is your chassis number bluephoenix? ZZW30-0035410?

I wonder if Magnums buyer in japan had a failed bid.  It wouldn't be the first time that a company thought they had secured a car and then lost out because the bidder made some sort of mistake.

Anonymous

Youve got me very worried now. But the chassis number doesnt match and neither does the spec description or damage.

I will have to check with Magnum.

Tags: