Toyota GB sports body kit offer

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2005, 14:19

spit

Quote from: "aaronjb"Glad it's not just me who has a lounge floor covered in car bits  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Doghouse here I come - seems there may have been a slight misunderstanding between "new car bits" and "new carpets"! So if anyone asks, I'm *storing them for a friend*, OK?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I might be in the garage sooner than I thought  s:? :? s:?  

Any advice? I've tried using search and found nothing  s:P :P s:P   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Bongo

Rather predictably the Courier managed to pick the 1 hour all week when no one was in to try and deliver the kit. I swear these people are psychic.

Anonymous

Got my black set today, had to take them out of the box to get them into the car.  Feels like the bottle of "?" that's supplied is empty.  Now to find somewhere in the garage to store them and decide if I should fit them or drop the bombshell that I need to pay extra to get them fitted.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

loadswine

Quote from: "Bowman"Got my black set today, had to take them out of the box to get them into the car.  Feels like the bottle of "?" that's supplied is empty. :
Bottle of "?" I think is degreaser. Not too hard to get . Having to justify the cost of all this stuff etc...... Now that's not so easy  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Mind you, it was at a rock bottom price.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

roger

Quote from: "loadswine"Mind you, it was at a rock bottom price.

That WAS the justification! Just too good to overlook  

Quite how you answer the "well why do you NEED it?" question, I'll leave to you.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Just read the so called instructions and realise it must be the degreaser.  Showed Dawn the kit and she immediately suggested someone else should fit it after my problems with the spoiler.  Sometimes it pays to be kack handed  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Bongo

Came today, agreed that the box is huge. I'm currently trying to find somewhere less annoying than the hallway to store it until I can get it fitted.

philster_d

would you say you could carry it on a luggager rack on the back of the 2 ?

Bongo

It's about 14.5 Inches * 19.5 Inches * 6 foot 5.

Anonymous

Anybody done a DIY fit yet?

loadswine

Not yet . Got a week off in a couple of weeks time, if the weather is okay I'll have a go then.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Quote from: "Bowman"Anybody done a DIY fit yet?
Not yet. Doing mine alongside the C2 in a couple of weeks time.

I've done a dry run though. The front skirt could be a problem - its piggin' tight, so I might take the bumper off to make life easier.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bowman"Anybody done a DIY fit yet?

Did the fronts which were piece of piss, sides am getting done as they were bowed slightly by being left in oven too long

spit

Quote from: "spit"The front skirt could be a problem - its piggin' tight
Quote from: "bigun007"Did the fronts which were piece of......
Strange - I'm wondering if my '99 MR-S bumper has developed a middle-aged spread  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Bongo

Post 03 is 2 pieces isn't it do to different front bumper, could be why you're finding it hard...

Bongo

Picked my car up yesterday, some snaps:

m http://www.the-cartel.co.uk/cargallery/ m

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Bongo"Picked my car up yesterday, some snaps:

m http://www.the-cartel.co.uk/cargallery/ m
Nice; didn't realise that the prefacelift kit front spoiler went across the whole face of the front bumper  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

philster_d

Nice Bongo,

Only thing im not keen on is the skirts. as seen in pic 6, its a shame they didnt continue the lines right to the rear arch.

Is that the same ass Dans ?(i got a closer look at JAE)

Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Don't know if this has been flagged up before, but pre-painted pre 03 kits are on sale on Ebay @ £250 or SUBMIT BEST OFFER

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-ROADSTER-GENUINE-BODY-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ7999238760QQcategoryZ72209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe he has done a deal with Toyota?

I emailed this morning to see by chance if they still had any as i've just come across this deal and the Toyota Garage in Yarm (they're who advertised on Ebay) can still get hold of them, well def Chilli Red anyway, apparently there's 20 of them left.

I've ordered one, £295 including VAT and postage.. bargain! Its coming on Monday!

Bagged myself a cheap hardtop on ebay the other day too.. its been a good week for my 2!

If anyone wants a contact for the guy who's dealing with it at the garage, give me a shout, i'm sure he'd be v pleased to hear from you!

Jemma

PET3R

i would like the number but i dont think my dad will get the body kit for his 2   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

he is too old and miserable!

roger

Quote from: "PE7ER"he is too old and miserable!

Old in body, young in mind - tell him he's got to get his brain going in th eright direction. Buying a 2 is the start, don't let it syop there   s8) 8) s8)  

From another oldie   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: