Toyota GB sports body kit offer

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2005, 14:19

dieamond

would one of you mind buying some and ship to France ?

might be some interest there and we don't have such a discount !
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

roger

Quote from: "dieamond"would one of you mind buying some and ship to France ?

might be some interest there and we don't have such a discount !

TBH the shipping may be the killer. Came 3 boxes packed into one. Approx size 1800 x 60 x 50cm weight about 35Kg.

If you want a few might even pay you to find a dealer in Dover / Portsmouth (or wherever) and pop over and collect, though you would need a van if more than one. I had to take the boxes apart, and the long "sills" box went from front window to rear on my 5dr hatch mondeo, with the back seats down and only just got in.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Guys,
This could be good news all round, I e'mailed my local mr.T Sunday & received the below response Monday am, that's service    s:D :D s:D  

I have just contacted Toyota GB accessories dept. This kit is coming in at
Ј250.00 + VAT.
The colours in stock are Sable, Silver, Black, Red or Blue. No White
available. For this special price it would be worth getting and
re-spraying the kit to your own MR2 colour.
LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE

thanks
Mike Maroney
Struan Toyota -  Parts Dept
Forfar Road, Dundee
Tel : 01382-868800

Looks like they are suggesting most colours are available at J250 + Vat, except mine bolliks (^($$%) guess it's a paint job.

Hope this may help some of you other folks, maybe your Mr.T's can't be arsed or stick on a %

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Ron Goodwin"Guys,
This could be good news all round, I e'mailed my local mr.T Sunday & received the below response Monday am, that's service    s:D :D s:D  

I have just contacted Toyota GB accessories dept. This kit is coming in at
Ј250.00 + VAT.
The colours in stock are Sable, Silver, Black, Red or Blue. No White
available. For this special price it would be worth getting and
re-spraying the kit to your own MR2 colour.
LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE

thanks
Mike Maroney
Struan Toyota -  Parts Dept
Forfar Road, Dundee
Tel : 01382-868800

Looks like they are suggesting most colours are available at J250 + Vat, except mine bolliks (^($$%) guess it's a paint job.

Hope this may help some of you other folks, maybe your Mr.T's can't be arsed or stick on a %
I gave up because further up someone was told that silver and sable are out of stock; must try again  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

spit

Quote from: "Ron Goodwin"Hope this may help some of you other folks, maybe your Mr.T's can't be arsed or stick on a %

I followed up through Bluey's dealer (who was great, by the way Bluey!). It turns out that there is just one guy at TGB Dealer Liaison who is distributing all of the remaining painted kits. He is adamant that they are £250+VAT now, so don't accept any crud from your local MrT guys.

By the way, I have the name of this bloke in Dealer Liaison, so if anyone needs it for ammunition in their local negotiations, pm me.

.....or you could gamble and wait until they really start to give them away  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Ste
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "spit"
Quote from: "Ron Goodwin"Hope this may help some of you other folks, maybe your Mr.T's can't be arsed or stick on a %

I followed up through Bluey's dealer (who was great, by the way Bluey!). It turns out that there is just one guy at TGB Dealer Liaison who is distributing all of the remaining painted kits. He is adamant that they are £250+VAT now, so don't accept any crud from your local MrT guys.

By the way, I have the name of this bloke in Dealer Liaison, so if anyone needs it for ammunition in their local negotiations, pm me.

.....or you could gamble and wait until they really start to give them away  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Ste
I wonder how many they have sitting on the shelf  s:?: :?: s:?:

spit

He wouldn't tell me that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  , but unless local Mr Ts are actively promoting this (and around here they know nothing about it!) I reckon stocks will move fairly slow.

If its something you want though, get it now rather than kick yerself later - its only a matter of time before word gets around.

jonytom

Rang local dealership in Durham this morning. They knew nothing, but made enquires and came back really quickly with answers (v helpful) - Spit, thanks for the dealer liaison name!

Seems there's two kits that they're calling 'pre MMC' and 'post MMC'.

Looks like post MMC is 2003 onwards (ie front fogs, more rounded rear lights with insets).

For pre MMC Toyota GB have got black, red, 'sahara sun' (yellow?), silver and sapphire. In Post MMC they've got silver, red, blue and crystal silver.

Price is £250 ex VAT.

Unfortunately I've got a black '03 - but at this price I've decided to get the crystal silver and will make enquiries about spraying.

Anybody got any ideas what a reasonable price to get these rubbed down and painted would be? Do-it-yourself job or not?
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

roger

Can't help you specifically, but when I had mine fitted (factory pre-painted), my guys said they had painted and baked a couple of similar kits and they found a tendency for the paint to crack a bit due to the bending needed to put them onto the car (the plastic is quite flexible).

Didn't say how they overcame this, but my guess is they would have to spray (or re-spray) on the car, obviously much more time consuming.
Roger

markiii

thats why you use plastic primer so it can flex.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

As a guide, I had a yellow TTE sports spoiler done in red for £80. Pretty poor colour match under street-lighting though - the guy really struggled to get a good key with the primer.

So, maybe £200-250 for the kit? (MrT commented that the kit @£250+VAT covered the value of the paintjob alone, so a third-party sprayer will be in that ball park)

I suggest you agree the price up front in case the prep takes longer than expected, or the flexing issue that Roger mentions has to be overcome.

You can get paint made up into aerosol easily enough for DIY (I know a good firm in Salford), but its tricky to get good colour match because of the solvents they need for "aerosoling" the paint.

Or you could go 2-tone retro and fit red on black  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

roger

Quote from: "markiii"thats why you use plastic primer so it can flex.

Apparantly they did, or so they said. It was only chit-chat, so I was not  quizzing them in any detail.
Roger

heathstimpson

Quote from: "jonytom"For pre MMC Toyota GB have got black, red, 'sahara sun' (yellow?), silver and sapphire. In Post MMC they've got silver, red, blue and crystal silver.

Price is £250 ex VAT.

Unfortunately I've got a black '03 - but at this price I've decided to get the crystal silver and will make enquiries about spraying.
I hope that wasn't the last crystal silver one now  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Glad that some of you guys managed to get a good deal, im well happy with mine, and fitted it myself..Bargin!

Anonymous

Is this offer for mrk2 or roadster?? any way to contact??

Anonymous

It's for the Roadster: The clue is in the name of the club...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

jonytom

My bodykit has turned up and it was red not crystal silver (not that it matters).

Anyway, got three quotes for the paint job - £300 to £350 before VAT from a local professional outfit, £200 cash from a back street bodyshop and £190 before VAT from Toyota.

That was a pleasant surprise! Needless to say getting Toyota to do it.

Also, local dealer has ordered a pre 2003 kit in yellow by mistake. Toyota GB won't take it back apparently, so they're looking for a buyer. Anyone want a cheap yellow kit can PM me.
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "jonytom"My bodykit has turned up and it was red not crystal silver (not that it matters).

Anyway, got three quotes for the paint job - £300 to £350 before VAT from a local professional outfit, £200 cash from a back street bodyshop and £190 before VAT from Toyota.

That was a pleasant surprise! Needless to say getting Toyota to do it.

Also, local dealer has ordered a pre 2003 kit in yellow by mistake. Toyota GB won't take it back apparently, so they're looking for a buyer. Anyone want a cheap yellow kit can PM me.
Not tempted Mark as you are the only one I know with one of these  s:?: :?: s:?:

markiii

how cheap is cheap?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I'm really interested in this, but my dealer is still saying they know nothing about it.
Can anyone PM me the name of the parts liason guy?

Also, what exactly comes in the post 03 kit, do you need to buy the extra fixings etc?

And have the colours been a close match?

jonytom

Quote from: "markiii"how cheap is cheap?

Got mine for £250. They'd let it go at the same, and might even be prepared to go lower if they're stuck with it?

jonytom

Quote from: "nighthawk"Also, what exactly comes in the post 03 kit, do you need to buy the extra fixings etc?

Fixings kit is included. In post 03 you get two rear bumper extensions, side skirts and two front bumber extensions (which sit below the front fogs).

roger

Don't know if this has been flagged up before, but pre-painted pre 03 kits are on sale on Ebay @ £250 or SUBMIT BEST OFFER

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-ROADSTER-GENUINE-BODY-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ7999238760QQcategoryZ72209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe he has done a deal with Toyota?
Roger

Anonymous

They are a Toyota Centre Roger: It says so about halfway down the page.

Lots of dealers use eBay to get rid of stuff they can't shift normally.

roger

Quote from: "Ekona"They are a Toyota Centre Roger: It says so about halfway down the page.

Lots of dealers use eBay to get rid of stuff they can't shift normally.

I didn't read it properly  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I am guessing he hasn't actually got them in stock but will get them to order through Toyota, obviously banking on the profit margin.

Just another pointer for those who have dealers "who know nothing".
Roger

Tags: