Toyota GB sports body kit offer

Started by Anonymous, July 19, 2005, 14:19

spit

Quote from: "nighthawk"Can anyone PM me the name of the parts liason guy?
You have PM  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Thanks m8

Have PM'd back.

Has anyone fitted the kit to a red 03 on yet?

richbay

there is a toyota dealer on ebay selling them for 250 inc factory painted for pre face lift models, i have a silver one on order so fingers crossed

kanujunkie

Quote from: "richbay"there is a toyota dealer on ebay selling them for 250 inc factory painted for pre face lift models, i have a silver one on order so fingers crossed

okay you got me, i cant find it, got a link???
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Bongo

Page 2 of this thread...

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Bongo"Page 2 of this thread...

DOH!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "richbay"there is a toyota dealer on ebay selling them for 250 inc factory painted for pre face lift models, i have a silver one on order so fingers crossed
That's an even cheaper price as it includes VAT  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Bongo

I went to my dealer today to get a price from them (with fitting as well). Alas the man who deals with it was on hols until monday.

Anyone think it is worth waiting? Or is it too big a risk that my choice of colour may go?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Bongo"I went to my dealer today to get a price from them (with fitting as well). Alas the man who deals with it was on hols until monday.

Anyone think it is worth waiting? Or is it too big a risk that my choice of colour may go?
As far as I'm aware they have quite a few kits still; I have been holding off but will probably order soon  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  What colour are you after  s:?: :?: s:?:

Bongo

Silver.

Pre facelift.

I'm not sure if my dealer will be willing and/or able to beat the ebay price though?

They also took it upon themselves to make him find out prices for pretty much every other accessory for me aswell. Have they been reading here to find out how weak my will power is?   s:? :? s:?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Bongo"Silver.

Pre facelift.

I'm not sure if my dealer will be willing and/or able to beat the ebay price though?

They also took it upon themselves to make him find out prices for pretty much every other accessory for me aswell. Have they been reading here to find out how weak my will power is?   s:? :? s:?
I would go for the Ebay deal as it looks to be a better price than you will get at your delear. Any other accessories being sold of cheap  s:?: :?: s:?:

Bongo

As said above, guy who's dealing with it is away until monday.

I'll post any good deals when I get them.

Bongo

Does anyone have the contact details for the dealer selling the kit on ebay?

I reckon by contacting him direct you might be able to get a better price (afterall he doesn't have ebay fees to pay then).

loadswine

I think I might be able to help, they are indeed a MrT franchise:RMB Teesside Toyota. Checked with Mr T's website and they show up on th dealer register. Got a phone number as well 01642 808044.
Just odered one off e-bay myself, paid full whack though, which isn't too bad compared to what they were originally.
Be interested to see how you get on.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Quote from: "loadswine"Be interested to see how you get on.

Thanks for the info, Nigel. Very, very helpful.

I've just got off the 'phone with Teeside, so here's an update......(sorry its a little long...... s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

It seems that Teeside have forged links with the Dealer Liaison guy more than many other dealers, which is why they seem to have access to all the kits. Just to provide some balance for those going through their local MrT. , Teeside don't physically have all the kits - requests still have to go through Dealer Liaison - hence the brief wait for delivery.

Contact at Teeside is Mark Headlam - happy to talk to anyone about the kits (I did discuss a GB option with him, but given their current price and stock availability it probably wouldn't work for us this time around....however, I've offered to act as lead on any future GB opportunities that we might be able to set up with them - will keep you posted via other threads).

Ignore the "submit best offer" on E-Bay - Mark tells me this is a remnant of a previous listing when they were at £295. So its £255 +p&p or go whistle  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

To sum up whats avalable.....  
only pre-facelift kits are available as at now.
all pre-facelift colours are still available, but only about 10 of each colour left in stock, with silver selling the fastest (take note Bongo  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Finally, Mark is going on leave tomorrow for a couple of weeks - in his absence, ask for Matthew Tyson.

Ste

Anonymous

Have just ordered mine today, so thats another silver less.

Bongo

Will have to ring up tomorrow then.

cheers spit  s:) :) s:)

loadswine

Good info Spit, glad to have been of use. Just for stock info, my order was for silver as well.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Quote from: "Bongo"Will have to ring up tomorrow then.

Looks like we have a wild-west style silver rush on our hands  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

ps The good news for those of us who aint blessed with bulging wallets is that they take credit card payment over the 'phone, so get in now and cancel Christmas  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Spit. I'm confused now m8     s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

My dealer were told that The guy in dealer liason was on holiday till this coming monday. so they'll call him monday morning for me.
Your post sugests that only pre facelift vehicle kits are available now from Mr T.....  s:( :( s:(

alancdavis

as always,,,,,look on ebay
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

spit

Quote from: "nighthawk"Spit. I'm confused now m8     s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

My dealer were told that The guy in dealer liason was on holiday till this coming monday. so they'll call him monday morning for me.
Your post sugests that only pre facelift vehicle kits are available now from Mr T.....  s:( :( s:(

Sorry to confuse - your dealer could be right about Steve being on holiday. I'll try to clarify the position for you in the morning. That said, if he is on holiday, it would suggest that someone is supplying the kits in his absence - maybe you should storm your dealer and get them to be a bit more probing.

As for whats left, this came from Mark at RMB Teeside in direct response to my question "what stock is still available". Unless there is some odd reason that they can't get facelift kits through Steve, I would take this as the informed position..... but again, I'll post up tomorrow if I find out more.

BTW, the RMB EBay posting has ended. Mark may well put it back with the "best offer" removed (up until now he has just been re-listing it with the "buy it now" reduced)

Ste

Anonymous

I'll give Lindop's a call again tomorrow and ask my contact there to have another bash at Toyota.

In the mean time, has anyone in this thread managed to actually buy an 03--> kit from toyota for this low price?

Anonymous

Yup, me. It rox0rs my box0rs.  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I think it's about time you posted some high res images of that car then m8.....the other pics looked a bit grainy, but the car looks   s8) 8) s8)

Tags: