Silver MSD2

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2003, 23:52

Anonymous

Right I have my fire extinguisher at the ready for all the flames  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Fire your opinions off regarding my latest mods & don't hold back cos I've said a few bad things too    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

All pics kindly hosted by Craig on http://www.mr2-photos.co.uk

(there are a few more different ones on the site)

Chris

I love the headlights - they just look the don!   s8) 8) s8)  
You've really got a silver fetish going on there!

The fogs make a good difference to the overall look as well, although I don't think I would've gone with a red j-spec badge

I've said before I love the MSD kit, especially the rear!
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"You've really got a silver fetish going on there!

No silver I have silver not    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "Chris"although I don't think I would've gone with a red j-spec badge

Not very clear in the pics but red interior & red calipers/heat shield & big red tail lights (which are clear but red   s:? :? s:?  )  s:!: :!: s:!:

<edit> added a couple more pics to show interior & brakes <edit>

Anonymous

I quite like it... with one exception, and that's the lower front bumper... there seem to be so many creases/slashes/cuts there that it looks like someone forgot to iron it.  But then I'm sure that would grow on me.  Other than that nitpicking, I think it looks brilliant.  Not too overstated or agressive, but still different.

Slacey

Well, I like it. Nearly all of it too, the only thing I think would improve it slightly is to ditch the rear (painted) lower grill and replace it with a '03 part.
Good job!   s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Thumbs up from over here....!  IMHO the only thing I would change is the headlights - just stick with the standard ones as I think you're over-engineering the look a bit...  

Is that the TTE exhaust you have fitted, or is it something more special?

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I think the car looks AWESOME.

Anyway all i'd suggest you do is smooth the joins where the splitter meets the front bumper, that way it may just look a little neater?

Just my 2p's worth.

Lovely car though mate.

dancarbon

Good job well done!
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Chris

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Not very clear in the pics but red interior & red calipers/heat shield & big red tail lights (which are clear but red   s:? :? s:?  )  s:!: :!: s:!:

<edit> added a couple more pics to show interior & brakes <edit>

Yep, ok I guess that makes sense to pick out the other red highlights!
Looks like you've even painted the dimply bit above the front grille!   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Well, I like it. Nearly all of it too, the only thing I think would improve it slightly is to ditch the rear (painted) lower grill and replace it with a '03 part.

Don't think the body kit fits the 03 rear     s:? :? s:?  

Quote from: "dance"Is that the TTE exhaust you have fitted, or is it something more special?

It is the Magnex exhaust. Long storey but in the beginning before Toyota UK started selling TTE bits, TTE were messing me about so I went else where.

Quote from: "Chris"Looks like you've even painted the dimply bit above the front grille!

I've painted all dark grey plastic, which includes all the front lower grill, scuttle panel (below windscreen) & rear lower grill. In my eyes it just looks like it is supposed to be like that.

Cheers for the comments.....nothing to cause pain......yet  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"nothing to cause pain......yet  s:!: :!: s:!:

Learn to get the brightness/lighting right on pictures?  Does that do it?  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Car looks really good. Only one thing spoils it, the moss in block paving. Silver & green don't go together. Good job my man.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"
Quote from: "SilverMSD2"nothing to cause pain......yet  s:!: :!: s:!:

Learn to get the brightness/lighting right on pictures?  Does that do it?  s;) ;) s;)

Nope, pictures were better than anything David Bailey could have produced.....Craig must have lost the quality as he adjusted them for his web page    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Quote from: "Cartell"Only one thing spoils it, the moss in block paving. Silver & green don't go together

Block paving is road therefore council highways property....not my fault either   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Bring it on    s:P :P s:P

Slacey

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"
Quote from: "Slacey"Well, I like it. Nearly all of it too, the only thing I think would improve it slightly is to ditch the rear (painted) lower grill and replace it with a '03 part.

You don't need the whole bumper... you can buy just the grill section with those body colour shapes included, they fit perfectly in the 00-02' bumper. I'm very tempted to do this myself.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Looks sweet to me. Good job   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "SilverMSD2"

You don't need the whole bumper... you can buy just the grill section with those body colour shapes included, they fit perfectly in the 00-02' bumper. I'm very tempted to do this myself.

Well you learn something new every day. If you do it, send me some pics as I'd be interested to see that.

Quote from: "Jag"Looks sweet to me. Good job   s:) :) s:)  

Ah, a true connoisseur of the MR2 visual modification world    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Looks good, but I would ditch the silver numberplate surround for a modified 03 version with same mesh as the front grill.

Nice lights, are they 03 or silver spray... if silver spray, its a nice touch, possibly better than 03  s8) 8) s8)

Jap GT300

Quote from: "colindanks"Nice lights, are they 03 or silver spray... if silver spray, its a nice touch, possibly better than 03  s8) 8) s8)

03' is chrome and also has projector main beam lights, it doesn't use H4 bulbs like the 2000 model.

heathstimpson

Nice gives me some ideas for me silver '03 baby  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

LeeUK

Sweet car!

Big thumbs up!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D  Car looks great, you've added some nice touches there, I have two questions if you don't mind:

1. Can you get the front fog lights on their own or are they part of the   bodykit?
2. What to you think of the Magnex exhaust is way of sound and quality/fit etc?

Cheers.

Anonymous

i like it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "colindanks"Looks good, but I would ditch the silver numberplate surround for a modified 03 version with same mesh as the front grill.)

I can see your point but with too much mesh at the back you can see all the gubbins behind & it aint that pretty IMHO.    s:? :? s:?  

Quote from: "colindanks"Nice lights, are they 03 or silver spray... if silver spray, its a nice touch, possibly better than 03  s8) 8) s8)

Lights were stripped, sprayed & the orange lenses removed from the indicators. Finally the indicator bulbs were sprayed silver. I think it is a vast improvement over the standard lights, but as I have done it I could be slighlty bias.....

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveM"s:D :D s:D  Car looks great, you've added some nice touches there, I have two questions if you don't mind:

Got your PM but will reply here so everyone gets my opinion.

Quote from: "SteveM"1. Can you get the front fog lights on their own or are they part of the bodykit?

I bought them on a group buy from Japan Parts as an individual item, everyone else bought mud flaps & door cills. The body kit was a seperate buy a year earlier. Details on fog buy can be found on the following page.

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=10&start=0

The kit came complete with lights, mouldings & full wireing looms although I had a nightmare fitting them as one cable could not be found in my 2. Details on following page.

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=617&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wireing+loom&start=0

Quote from: "SteveM"2. What to you think of the Magnex exhaust is way of sound and quality/fit etc?

I like my Magnex & it is very similar to the TTE. My only fitting problem was trying to get it to sit straight in the bodykit (little room for error). You shouldn't have any problems if there is no tight bodykit to come through. Sound is good, crisp & is not too loud. If you have it fitted by an authorised dealer & get an annual check-up it comes with a lifetime ownership guarentee.    s:D :D s:D     Again have a look at the following pages.

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=35&highlight=magnex

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=62&highlight=magnex

Feel free to ask more questions if i haven't been very clear or if i have missed something.    s:) :) s:)

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Feel free to ask more questions if i haven't been very clear or if i have missed something.    s:) :) s:)

About the kit:
1) How much
2) How much
3) How much

Oh....and where did you get it from?

Tags: