Silver MSD2

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2003, 23:52

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Feel free to ask more questions if i haven't been very clear or if i have missed something.    s:) :) s:)

About the kit:
1) How much
2) How much
3) How much

Oh....and where did you get it from?

OK, in January & February 2002 I did a lot of research (again many thanks to yourself & other Yahoo MR2ROC founders/users back then) & found myself the bodykit I liked. I passed on all the information to my local Toyota dealer in March 2002 & did a deal with them to buy the kit from the UK MS Design Authorised Dealer (who is no longer the authorised dealer) at a discounted price as they said they might buy more kits from him. It cost me £1175 bought, sprayed & fitted (a good discount as I was getting the 2 brand new as part of the package).

Not sure where you could get it from now but I would say somebody on here will have the contact details in their web sites. That's where I found it originally.      s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Like everyone here, its looks like a very nice car indeed   s:D :D s:D  

One of my favourite kits which actually doesnt distort the MRS' smooth lines   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"I really like your roll/style bars and wondered if you had the details of who supplied them and at what cost?

Got your PM but will reply here so everyone gets my opinion.

All the detail you need are on the following thread:

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=186&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I prefer mine over the Group Buy ones from France as they are thicker & look more meaty (but then I would wouldn't I  s:!: :!: s:!:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

But, in the interests of freedom of information, you might also want to check out a good & somewhat cheaper alternative on the following thread:

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=949&highlight=postert+rollbar

A group buy was done a little while back & these guys will be able to give you their opinions on those ones. Just remembr though, the Postert ones block the original wind deflector & you either go deflectorless like me or spend a fortune buying their piece of plastic    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

Personally I don't like the Postert bars, I think they look bodged on and the mountings look a little flimsy - I didn't realise how expensive they were until this thread either   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Oh, and I'm not saying this just because I have Davids bars!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Sean

I agree with you entirely, although I might be slightly biased  s:!: :!: s:!:  I don't like the look of the cross-member on top of the existing trim and in my opinion the bars are too thick. At £500 they are twice the price of David's via the GB.

See you on 7th.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Roger H, I agree I am very happy with David's bars, as you say half price, fit well, look great.   s8) 8) s8)  

I would recommend anyone to buy Davids bars, I myself had several questions regarding the fitting and David was at hand all times of the day to give sound advice and willing to listen to any modification which may improve his product.

Have never met the man(one day perhaps) but would say he is a genuine guy. I feel I made the right choice.
The Postert bars appear to be just stuck on! not ment to offend anyone again a personal choice.

Anonymous

I would like to point out that Davids bars were not around 2 years ago  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Also i don't take offence as everyone has an opinion or we would all be very boring people    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

One last thing though........the mountings are very strong as i think they look like coated angle iron. Never had any problems since fitting in March 2002.

Oh, definately the last point.......everyone buy Davids, makes mine more unique  s:!: :!: s:!:

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

OK folks, been asked for information on painting headlights & had a nightmare trying to find the information using the search button so updating my thread to help anyone interested.

Firstly i have to point out that the following link quotes a temperature in Fahrenheit & not Centrigade....so make sure you don't melt you're head lights at one of the very early stages   s:!: :!: s:!:  

The following is our sites thread:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86&highlight=oven

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=609&highlight=oven

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2177&highlight=oven

The following is the full instructions courtesy of Spyderchat:

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=93

Any other questions, ask away & I will try & help.

s:D :D s:D

markiii

so did you use teh existing adhesive? or remove it, paint the whole thing and then reseal with a mastic?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I had the light sprayed with the old glue still on the light (after 20 minutes & getting no where I gave up trying to remove the glue). It sits in a channel around the side & doesn't really get in the way. Once sprayed I re-heated the light in the oven, squirted clear silicone around the channel & finally re-assebled the light.

I'll warn you now, it is a bugger trying to break the light open without damaging it & twice as bad trying to get it back togeater without knackering the clips. Once hot they go really soft & malleable.

At the end of the day though, I thought it was worth the risk & they turned out very well. If it had failed I was going to shove a pair of 03 spec lights in instead.

Anonymous

Your car is absolutely awesome, its a bit too close to what I hope to create for comfort! The front bumper is, as someone has already stated, a bit busy. But its still very cool. How evil does it look from behind? (can I say that?) Top class car!

Anonymous

Cheers matey. Very kind words.   s:D :D s:D  

Where in Lincoln are you as i was over there on Sunday  s:?: :?: s:?:
(As you probably read in the Chit Chat section under "maxxed muppets")

Anonymous

Hahaha, I know what you mean about Lincoln, its full of Nova geeks. They all seem to have a penchant for flashing neon Christmas lights- did I miss something? And exhausts? Get em on there, the more the merrier! Twenty should do it! Oh, and dont forget sunstrips!!... Really tho, what are they all about? I read in some boyracer mag (Maxxed-Up Power Modded Rev Machine Weekly, I think it was called) that sunstrips make your car look lower!?!? Who needs lowering springs, eh?

Anyway, I live 8 miles south of Novaville, so I dont have to permenently endure the Astra Posse. Did you get my email mr Silver? Was wondering what size tyres you've got and also if you've had the car lowered? (if so, how much?) Toyota sell some skirts (thats side skirts, not slinky black numers) They look preey cool, not a million miles from yours, any opinions? Also, where can I get a rear bumper like yours? It makes your 2 look like its got a steriod addiction! NICE!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"sunstrips make your car look lower!?!? Who needs lowering springs, eh?  

So that's the secret of the black magic box   s:!: :!: s:!:

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Did you get my email mr Silver?

Just read it & will reply to it here.

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Was wondering what size tyres you've got and also if you've had the car lowered?

205/40/ZR17 front & rear not through choice but because they were fitted to the wheels when I bought them. I will alter the tyre ratios when I require new tyres. For a full review of tyres have a look here:

http://www.mr2roc.org/content/reviews/tyrereview/tyrereview.php

You can also find a good review of wheels here:

http://www.mr2roc.org/content/articles/wheels/wheels.php

I run 17's purely for appearance reasons & it doesn't really bother me if it affects handing as I have a bike to go fast on. For others such as M.P.H, he is more of a pureist & has turned his 2 in to a track rocket. For him 17's just didn't work. It all comes down to what you want from your 2.

Also the car has not been lowered as I would cause far too much hassle with ground clearance & the body kit. I've already bashed the underside of the front 3 times now     s:? :? s:?  

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Toyota sell some skirts (thats side skirts, not slinky black numers) They look preey cool, not a million miles from yours, any opinions?

I haven't really seen the Toyota ones close up so I wouldn't like to pass comment. Have a look here for more info:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2471&highlight=skirts

Quote from: "Jaymo (Lincs)"Also, where can I get a rear bumper like yours? It makes your 2 look like its got a steriod addiction! NICE!

The bodykit is from MS Design & again there has been a recent thread on the site that quoted the new UK suppliers of the kit. I dont know if they will sell the kit parts seperately. Have a read here:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1965&highlight=msd

Hope this answers all your questions but if not just keep posting on here. Your not too far away from me so if you want a run out before you fit 17's you are more than welcome to come for a ride.     s:D :D s:D     Atleast you can compare for yourself & make your own personal decision.

Darth Paul

Toyota body kit includung side skirts:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3719

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

DP

Anonymous

SilverMSD2,
How big are your exhaust tips? Are those cut-outs in the rear skirt made for 3" tips? Just curious as I have 4" exhaust tips and am thinking about getting this rear skirt to go along with the Trial front bumper and side skirts.

thanks in advance

Anonymous

The exhaust has 4" round tips & is the same as the exhaust in the following thread:

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3689&highlight=magnex

the 4" tips fit fine & after 2 years happy motoring there is no damage to the rear skirts from the exhaust touching slightly.      s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Thanks!

So did you get your kit from AB-styling?

Anonymous

I got my local Toyota dealer to buy my kit direct from the UK distributer but they have now gone bust & a new supplier distributes the kit. Have a look at my last long reply above for the new supplier details.

Darth Paul

Lovely car!  s:D :D s:D  Will look great when it's finished.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Bev

Darth Paul

Oh what? It is finished?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Deffo needs an armrest. Maybe an Apex'i too...

Bev

noddynurdle

its a very nice car to see in the "flesh" if i wasn't such a pauper i would have it done myself, only i would have mine in red as i would like the little extra speed you get from a red one though.
  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Anonymous

Thanks for the kind comments    s:D :D s:D  

As for the red / speed comment....you have a bike to go fast so make the 2 look nice & drive at a speed where people can see it     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

The car looks vey nice indeed matey

Geoff.    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Deffo needs an armrest. Maybe an Apex'i too...

Bev

Apexi now fitted & smile just got bigger     s:D :D s:D  

Awesome sound from 3000 r.p.m under excelleration.

Top marks to Mr Darth Paul for his garage / toolkit / insulation / tie wrap / colourful language / toilet facilities      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: