My eyebrows GB.

Started by Anonymous, October 7, 2005, 17:38

Anonymous

s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

in fact, Simon! i think youve got another group buy on your hands here?!

s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

any news or thoughts on this one yet, Simon?

rear light covers i mean!

Anonymous

Let me get the eyebrow GB over with first.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    One thing at a time matey.    s:D :D s:D   But I can tell you now these covers are no problem. Pre and post facelift are doable.   s:o :o s:o  

Once the eyebrow GB is over, I'll look into this.

Anonymous

NO I SAID DO THEM NOW  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

sorry mate hope you didnt take the message as pressure

just wanted to know if you can do it

so first dibs on pre facelift   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

rtbiscuit

second dibs on pre facelift
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

what would a post face lift one look like?

Anonymous

Quote from: "IHateJam"what would a post face lift one look like?

That's a good question. It will follow the concept of the pre facelift -- outlining the frames of the lights. Everything's the same for the '03, except for the top portion. The top outlines will follow the circular lights instead of being rectangularish.

I'll do a mockup when I'm free.

Anonymous

cool, nice one

evileye_wrx

I'd quite like a rear light cover that just covered the outside, perhaps a bit like Dev's 3rd brake light cover, going all around the light.

Don't know if I explained that very well....

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

evileye_wrx

Since we're on the subject of rear light covers...

How bout this which I just surfed into...

m http://www.dangunracing.com/mrs.html m

Thats pretty much what I was trying to describe above.

28,000 yen is £117 + postage and taxes, of course

Phil
Phil

Anonymous

Phil,

Now I see what you mean.   s:P :P s:P  Just want you to know once I've sent out the eyebrows, I'll look right into this.

My plan is to create different eyebrows and rear light covers, so that we as a community can perhaps opt for different combination to suit our taste, at a much affordable price of course. Perhaps it will be a good idea to list out the possible designs I can look into at the same time, since I'm giving a go at it anyway. I'm more curious about covers for the 03 lights, since there really isn't any I've seen so far?  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:!: :!: s:!:  

I've bought a used side mirror assembly from bossman, and it will be another project I'll be undertaking together with these covers. Hopefully, I'll be able to show the results to all of you all in one go.

I'm don't just talk. In time.

rtbiscuit

nice covers phil  s:D :D s:D

Previous cars:

mang

simon, if you do plan to create another set of eyebrows, my vote goes to these:

they look like they would be easier to make, better fitment/install etc while also keeping the cost down.  they have the same effect as the original eyebrows; making the mr-s look meaaaaaaaaaan.  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

they would look better in black to match the bonnet

they look like someone has just stuck them on otherwise?!

Anonymous

I do have the ability to make CF items provided they are small enough and with the right shape. I reckon the eyebrow shown is a very simple one, and I already have it in my "to-do" list since I've already seen this one before.

I'm currently compiling a list of eyebrows + rear light covers, and have to decide which of the many to make. I'm aiming to make 3 different eyebrows, and 3 different rear light covers for now.

Perhaps all of you can chip in with the covers/eyebrows of your liking, and I'll see if I can get them made.

Anonymous

off the topic of eyebrows but have you thought of making some custom interior products?!

i was thinking the centre console?! maybe replace the glove box with a CF lid instead?!

just some ideas Simon but im sure with your talents you could make these using the stock parts?!

evileye_wrx

Abflug do a similar eyebrow, and also a part which fits at the bottom outside quarter too. Japanparts sell them. I did try to get a price from elsewhere on the Abflug eyebrows before Simon's GB butthey never got back to me and I lost interest.

I didn't know C-One did an eyebrow. I've never seen a price for it. If they do there is a chance they also do it in C/F already. When I bought my Side intakes I noticed there wasn't much difference in price between the C/f and fibreglass versions. C/F is most likely cheaper if your leaving it 'raw' and unpainted than the additional price of spraying that a fibre glass version would require.

Phil
Phil

Anonymous

its only about £60

but it doesnt mention what its made from?!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"off the topic of eyebrows but have you thought of making some custom interior products?!

i was thinking the centre console?! maybe replace the glove box with a CF lid instead?!

just some ideas Simon but I'm sure with your talents you could make these using the stock parts?!

Chris,

The center console has always been a recurring issue posted by all of us. The reason for not having a satisfactory one currently in the market is 4 folds:-

1) The cost is outrageous.
2) There isn't an universal design that's pleasing to all.
3) Shipping's a b*tch.
4) Choice of finishing.

Making a new one out of the stock center console is not a good idea. Your design is totally limited by the design of the stocker. Some have tried this approach before, but problem arises when you deal with the final finishing of the console. Do you paint or do you upholster with leather? Leathering the stocker is a b*tch again, unless you are Italian. So what now? Do you paint and lose the OEM look? What material to use for modification to achieve OEM look with the stock console?

Unless the board can decide on the final design, there's no way anyone can make something satisfactory. Areas like the space between the stock console and the cupholder is always under much controversy. Some people vote to have guages, some opt to have something else there. SO WHAT SHOULD BE THERE??

What one can do is offer a basic model without any upholstery, and offer some choices on the controversial areas -- a panel with 2-3 holes maybe for those who wants guages, a panel with a small hole for those who wants the ciggy hole etc. Make the whole package detachable like the furnitures offered by IKEA to facilitate shipping, and give the users a chance to assembly the console themselves. They can also decide for themselves later what kinda finishing (the choices of material/paints etc) they want for the console. So perhaps a raw basic model with the possibility for personal creativity and imagination should be the way to go. Here's the benefit of doing what's recommended above:-

1) You cut down S&H, because everything can be packaged compactly, so there is no odd shape parcels. Less weight on upholstery/finishing.

2) Less turnaround time, since the creator won't have to deal with doing the upholstery or finishing. Less problem dealing with annoying and fussy users who can't decide what they want.

3) Since the consoles comes detached, the users with some skills can modify areas they don't like to fit their own liking before they assemble the whole console. Upholstering becomes flexible and easier when all the panels are detached.

4) Users get a sense of satisfaction when they DIY a center console, eventhough it's all prefabricated. This will in turn bond your 2 with you.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
5) By offering just a basic model, you cut down on the manufacturing cost which in turns cut down on your selling price.

So the benefits goes on...

Back to topic...

£60 for the C-one is pretty expensive, but you pay for the name I guess. I think £30-£45 shipped should be more acceptable, with CF version costing 1-1.5x more.

Phil, the reason why you didn't notice much price difference in your side vent for FB and CF is because essential both are made from FB, except for the top layer. This is what we call "wrapping" - a method in which we wrap a layer of CF sheet over FB to achieve the CF look. But essentially, you are not saving any weight. Only the top layer is CF, the rest is FB. Perhaps that's why your CF side vents are only marginally more expensive than the FB ones.

I appreciate more feedbacks on the covers and eyebrows, and it would be truely rewarding if something fruitful will eventually happen because of this brainstorming.

Anonymous

Some good points there Simon

when i talk center console though i mean with the hand brake and gear stick zone, just to clarify!

my view on the console is simplicity is best, quite often with aftermarket or custom consoles that i have seen they are always to elaborate or try to include a merge with the center dash so it all looks like one unit, which never comes off looking right!

all i would be looking for is a high quality finish with the CF look, i wouldnt want it painting or upholstering except where the gear gaiter is, keep it leather.

now with the stock design its fine but for the sake of producing a copy for sale i would suggest getting rid of the cup holder hole just before the handbrake on the top of the console and i would do the same with the the larger hole behind aswell, just make the hole unit flush to one level, which would make it easier for production!
in the 2 years ive had the car ive hardly ever used these two spaces for anything of importance and defy anyone coming up for a reason to keep them there!

all though this would not be made for the intention of being a light weight product it would be intended for an appearence mod, to give the car a more unique look along with the fact if you have done alot of work to the such as i have it would be a finishing touch and statement to what the car is all about! this is why i suggested the glove box cover as well to go with the look, for the overall finish look!

rtbiscuit

you might as well have a built in cushioned arm rest in the centre if your going to clear all the center cubby holes.  s8) 8) s8)  

and for your information i do use the centre bits. the cup holder holds my chewing gum and cigarettes. and the bit behinf holds my phone. there in easy reach on long journeys.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   so nuuur

Previous cars:

Anonymous

your phone should be hands free!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

There are 2 ways to achieve what you want. Do you want CF console box or "CF look" console box?

The former doesn't require core exchange, the latter does.

Didn't someone make a CF version for our center console sometine ago?? IIRC it was darn expensive.

And I thought everyone likes the "one straight piece" kinda center console.

Anonymous

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"and for your information i do use the centre bits. the cup holder holds my chewing gum and cigarettes. and the bit behinf holds my phone. there in easy reach on long journeys.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   so nuuur

see rich youve just backed my case up! there useless!   s:) :) s:)  

and nelix is right, shame on you!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: