Paint Codes

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2005, 15:59

Anonymous

Ok, I know these are probabley somewhere in the search faciliities but after trawling through the results I've lost heart. Currently own a Yellow 00 MR2 and recently bought a Hardtop from Ebay. Am going to spray it black (its currently blue)  but just wondering can somebody give me the code for the MR2 black as in the new year I'll probabley get a set of 03 type black side vents and I'd like them to match.

Thanks Folks

On a totally unrelated topic has anybody tried the PPE Air Intake as offered by MRS Passion. I'm probabley going to get one of Markiii's creations  but would like to hear some feedback.

edward.carter

from  m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... aint+codes m

factory Color codes for MR2 Roadster
2000-2002
202 Black <<<<<<<<<<<----------
8M6 Blue, Spectra Metallic
6R4 Green, Electric Mica
3P0 Red, Absolutely
1D0 Silver, Liquid Metallic
040 White, Super
576 Yellow, Solar

2003-2005

8R2 Blue, Paradise Metallic
1E7 Silver, Streak Mica
202 Black
8M6 Blue, Spectra Metallic
6R4 Green, Electric Mica
3P0 Red, Absolutely
040 White, Super
576 Yellow, Solar
1E3 Phantom Grey New color

Anonymous

s:) :) s:)  Edward your a star

Thanks

edward.carter

no probs  s:) :) s:)

GSB

Did you use the right search terms? searching for "paint codes" witll bring up every post with the word paint or code in it, whereas searching for "paint and codes" will bring up posts with both those words in it, and narrow the field for you a little...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

roger

Just a word of warning the codes above are taken from the US.

I assume there is no difference, but IE3 for example is known as Sable over here, Phantom Grey over there.

Without checking (I'm just off home), I am pretty sure not all colours go to every marketplace, but somebody might be able to confirm that those that do are all exactly the same.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

edward.carter

3P0 is definatley my red, and 8m6 is definately my mates blue, not sure about the rest but i know there the right ones!   s:) :) s:)

Tem

The color codes are same, it's just the names that vary. We don't even have the same names over here than you do in UK, though ours are english as well.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Is it true that on a UK MR2 the silver paint code before 2002 was Silver(#1DO) or that just USA models

but after 2002 it is Silver(#1E7)

Secondly on  w www.japanparts.com w  their are 2 different versions of Hardtops 00-02 and 02-06, are they different, as I am looking at a 2000 hardtop and am worrying it wont fit my 54 plate

m http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... r=&volkey= m

Tem

Quote from: "blackpool1974"Secondly on  w www.japanparts.com w  their are 2 different versions of Hardtops 00-02 and 02-06, are they different, as I am looking at a 2000 hardtop and am worrying it wont fit my 54 plate

The top itself is the same. They just have different choice of colours as you can see.

Anonymous

Sorry for being extremely thick, so in regards to the paint colour , are you saying that silver MR2's that are before aug 02 are not the same silver that is after that date

1d0
1e7

aaronjb

Quote from: "blackpool1974"are you saying that silver MR2's that are before aug 02 are not the same silver that is after that date

Yes.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

On a similar note can anyone recommend somewhere where I can buy a can of Toyota colour matched spray paint for touching up my chipped Dev's Keyhole covers .

Tem

Quote from: "simonp"On a similar note can anyone recommend somewhere where I can buy a can of Toyota colour matched spray paint for touching up my chipped Dev's Keyhole covers .

Toyota.  s;) ;) s;)

It's not expensive and it'll match, unlike the generic ones.

Anonymous

cheers,
Stupid really - I just assumed they would only sell paint sticks for stone chips.

Tem

Quote from: "simonp"Stupid really - I just assumed they would only sell paint sticks for stone chips.

Thought so too, before someone mentioned about it.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

gav79

Hiya, sorry just a quick noob question about the paint codes as I have been looking everywhere suggested for my paint codes on my 02 plate silver mr2, UK model roadster. But in all the locations, It just shows me this code ( JTDFR320700044964 ) and then on the plate just behind the battery it has that code again, with Model:- ZZW30R-AKMQHW and then a code below it which is 1DOFA30-02BC52 and above the top code I posted it has E11*98/14*0128 and that is it, but according to what I have read thee should be a colour code but it isn't shown anywhere ? I have been out about 5 times to check my car over and over in case I am missing something hehe. But from what I have read here I presume it is 1DO- Silver- Liquid metallic as of the year ? But I would love to just get confirmation first before I start buying the paint and possibly messing up my car.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. And if so please feel free to tell me off and make me do things different in the future  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Look forward to your replies and also look forward to being part of what looks like a great forum.

andyroo104

1DO is the paint code of which is the liquid silver metallic.  :-) :-) :-)
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

mrzwei

Just for confirmation, the list is here:

l viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21734&p=270287&hilit=colour+codes l
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

gav79

cheers for replies, I just didn't want to go out and buy liquid silver when there was about three other silvers on the shelf in halfords for toyota MR2, so cheers. wil go ahead and buy some and try and get some of these key scratches filled and touched up.  :-) :-) :-)

Gaz mr-s

Somebody quoted this list on f/book in 2023.

I don't know if all the rest is accurate, but the info on the Greens is wrong.

The bright green (Cape green) code 6S1 was only used on pre-facelift cars.
6R4 (Electric Green) was only used on Facelift cars.

Toyota UK information.

Tags: