New Aftermarket rear lights.

Started by Jap GT300, November 2, 2005, 09:28

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "dieamond"I'm interested, without spoiler support of course

Please change your avatar to 80px wide or smaller  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

/me hugs FF and right click-->block images  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

Just when I said that I would not buy anything else for my car - these come along - I liiiiiikkkkeee!!!  Damn you! (no pun intended)

Loving the look with the gaps filled in...time to totally debadge the rear and really confuse people!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

yip, awesome, id be very interested too, dependant on cost and sweet talking the better half!

heathstimpson

I really like the look with the gaps filled in too; stop tempting me to spend at this time of year  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Any good, Mark?

I know it's not exact, but the idea is still there.

Jap GT300

Thats an intresting concept in it's self.

There's a moulded colour coded section holding the rear lights with a tinted perspex cover.  Pretty much how front lights are put together.  I really like that!

Anonymous

does this mean that we could have the option to take the cover off and have:
http://www.pixelcult.co.uk/sexylights2.jpg

but then if we wanted we could put the cover on and have this:
http://www.pixelcult.co.uk/sexylights3.jpg

? ? ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"Right, here are some mock-ups (not sure how close they are to Adam's interpretation though).

Type 1
Type 2 (as Type 1, but with gaps filled in)

I like 'em, but only if the two lights are the same size (which I'm sure they will be, but aren't on the Rogue lights). Looks pretty good when filled in, too.
I really like the look of these!  Obviously the filled in look better but I guess that would be more difficult to do

roger

Quote from: "IHateJam"I really like the look of these!  Obviously the filled in look better but I guess that would be more difficult to do

If they are filled in IMO they need to be a bit lower. Not too difficult, just have to have a whole new bumper assembly.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

The lights without the cover look excellent, damn you for not doing these a couple of years ago, i would of definatly had some.  s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Adam, this is just a thought. Is it possible to do up a GT300 version, with a spoiler attached to the rear lights, wide enough for the extended width of the GT300 spyder? I won't mind paying extra for it though I have no idea how it can be done.

Jap GT300

Quote from: "simontan75"Adam, this is just a thought. Is it possible to do up a GT300 version, with a spoiler attached to the rear lights, wide enough for the extended width of the GT300 spyder? I won't mind paying extra for it though I have no idea how it can be done.

The width between the rear lights is going to stay the same though   s:? :? s:?  

The GT300 is wider in the arches by 5 inches each side, so it won't affect this setup.

philster_d

I had the rev 6 lights front and back on my tubby.

They do look great on a black car.

Im interested to see how these come together.

Good luck,
Philster.

Anonymous

interested in type 2

Anonymous

I would definetly buy a set if these get produced.

Anonymous

I could be interested in a set of these Adam plus I know of a firm who might be able to do the ABS option you want. I'll get their details asap but they're up in County Durham somewhere I think, would that be a problem? They make ABS moulds for lights and wheel arches etc on Westfields which is how I know about them plus I've dealt the with owner in the past and he was really helpfull.

Jap GT300

The location isn't a problem as long as he can give a rough quote from photos.

Anonymous

Adam, how's the project going? Are you in the production stage yet?

Rowland

An interesting thread and hats off to Adam for taking the plunge and trying something quite radical with the mk3 rear clusters.
I must admit on screen I prefer the look of the lights with the cover rather than without.

i.e  m http://www.pixelcult.co.uk/sexylights3.jpg m  

I think going on previous experience with LED rear lights on the mk2, LED aftermarket rear lights honestly need the accompaniment of other aftermarket styling aids such as a mild to medium bodykit to look at home.

Interestingly enough I happened to be at Roguesystems a few weeks back and it would appear that the boys there have been working pretty hard on a similar concept using the same components.
From what I could see the prototypes looked near completion and had a visual element of Skyline'ness about them.

I'll be interested to see how things progress and look forward to seeing some black mk3's Photoshopped with those rear lights!"

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Sorry about the delay Adam but I totally forgot about this! Here is the link for the company who I said might be able to help:

m http://www.esp-plastics.co.uk m

The guy to speak to is Nick, he is the boss. The bike powered Westfield pictured on the site is his own car so at least he's a car enthustiast which always helps!

Anonymous

I will be following this project with great interest!  I would want version 2 to fit under my TRD spoiler.

Jap GT300

Cheers Steve.

I'll get on with this project in January.  I'm going to be really busy right up until christmas.

Adam

Anonymous

i'd be interested in this, if it can look EXACTLY like the damd ones, with the FG spoiler. why are you thinking a aluminium spoiler? why not use the same style lights too? they look better than the afterburner ones (or could that be an option for the buyer to choose?)

Anonymous

both the rogue lights and the other style of lights are all available from my usual supplier Adam.  There are various combinations of lights and surrounds.

m http://www.s-v-c.co.uk m

alternativly I have also used a couple of other suppliers if yuo struggle to find the sizes/styles you want  

hope that helps Adam?

Anonymous

anything happening with this?

i'd prefer it without a spoiler thinking about it. i take it you're not having a spoiler connecting them? so can i just have the lights (with damd clusters, not the afterburner ones)?

Tags: