Side vents

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2005, 12:52

Anonymous

nah red is def a no no  lol,  i like the black ones in that pic but thats cause of the soft top also being shown i the pic , but alot of the time ive got the hard top on so would look totally different.and as someone said the alloys in that pic look blackish but mine are the stock silver ones

plus i think i like the silver vents now after looking at things like clio v6

fg

The red reminds me of those Rover 200 BRM things of a few years ago.

Oh how much I wanted one of them   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

are the vents easy to fit, do my old ones just pull out and the new ones clip in?

aaronjb

Quote from: "reddi"are the vents easy to fit, do my old ones just pull out and the new ones clip in?

Yep - pull them out by the leading edge first (ram your fingers in there and yank, hard) - you'll either find the clips stay in the car or in the vent, one or t'other  s;) ;) s;)

The trailing edge is held in via some 'U' shaped moulded thingies on the vent, for want of a better description, so put the back edge in first when installing the new vent.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

yank hard does work however 2 issues.

1. the post 03 vents have been known to crack.
2. the sheet metal they clip to is incredibly thin and is very easy to bend.

my preffered method is a plastic kitchen spatuala worked down the front of teh vent.

if you take your time you can pop each plastic clip without bending or breaking anything.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

ok cool thanks markii.  

if all else fails ill see if local mr t will do it quickly for me

Anonymous

well ive now jsut bought liz's side vents (the cars, before anyone gets smart)   s;-) ;-) s;-)

now just the decision when i get them of do i leave silver!!!  i think i will, even though mudflaps are black rekon ill leave vents silver as you dont realy notice the flaps anyway.

guess ill just see how they look when in and then go from there, hope hey look good in silver though as the less i need to do to them the better

Anonymous

forgot to ask but are the new style vents same as old ones with the plastic grill like bit to stop leaves etc getting through?

kanujunkie

yep!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "fg"The red reminds me of those Rover 200 BRM things of a few years ago.

Oh how much I wanted one of them   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
They used a orangy front air dam that many owners sprayed silver to match the wing mirrors etc. I very nearly bought one a few years back; they were good little cars IMHO  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

anyone got any links to full walkthrough for fitting as realy not sure about it as dont wanna end up breaking or damaging anything on the vents coming out or going in.

and mt local mr t wont do it without booking it in and paying a good bit

Anonymous

I like the black. It's like pre-03 stock only... better.

Anonymous

wel i got the silver ones from liz as the more i looked, i only liked the black i that pic as the wheels look black and also the softtop is black, but my hardtop is normally alsways on and normal silver wheels.

silver ones just arrived at home so about 5 o clock ill realy see what i think of the silver ones on the car and be sure to post some pics.  if it doesnt work i can also get them black or green

Anonymous

well went to try and fit the vents there but wasnt much movement and didnt want to break anything, is it the left or the right side i want to try and pop out?

Tem

Quote from: "reddi"well went to try and fit the vents there but wasnt much movement and didnt want to break anything, is it the left or the right side i want to try and pop out?

Maybe this will help:
 m http://www.euroroadster.com/articles/Sh ... nHoles.xml m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "reddi"is it the left or the right side i want to try and pop out?

??????

if you mean which edge comes out first when fitting them then its the front edge with the poppers on them
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

oh well there goes that idea, the vents i got are cracked and broke in places and dont fit right, they are loose and move about.

anyone selling any more vents,?? or know the price of brand new ones?

Anonymous

£41.00 from  w www.japanparts.com w  - Look under exterior - other (no pics unfortunately)  this is where I purchased my from only took a week to sort

Anonymous

thats great cheers buddy!!!

Liz

Quote from: "reddi"oh well there goes that idea, the vents i got are cracked and broke in places and dont fit right, they are loose and move about.

anyone selling any more vents,?? or know the price of brand new ones?

Are you referring to the ones you purchased from me?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
And if they are loose, it sounds as though you haven't got the clips in place properly.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

ash1809

I found these ones, will it fit a 2002 roadster?

m http://www.mrs-passion.com/catalogue/pr ... ucts_id=30 m

Liz

Yes they will!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I've seen a cover style that gets on top of the current side vents and the result is a different side vent (looking).

Have you even seen something similar ?
I want to know if it's widelly  sold or if it's custom made.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SimosSpyder"I've seen a cover style that gets on top of the current side vents and the result is a different side vent (looking).

Have you even seen something similar ?
I want to know if it's widelly  sold or if it's custom made.
How about C-One?

Anonymous

Yeap that's the one.
Is there any online eshop selling it?

Tags: