Side vents

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2005, 12:52

Anonymous

aaronjb

Jeebus, have you seen the cost of those things!?

*picks self up off floor*

C-One stuff is hextremely hexpensive..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Ok thanks.
It is trully very expensive for what you get.

Anonymous

What you get is proper carbon fibre stuff which, I imagine, is not cheap to get to this shape.  Still expensive though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"
Quote from: "reddi"oh well there goes that idea, the vents i got are cracked and broke in places and dont fit right, they are loose and move about.

anyone selling any more vents,?? or know the price of brand new ones?

Are you referring to the ones you purchased from me?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
And if they are loose, it sounds as though you haven't got the clips in place properly.

yeah they ones, nah its not the clips its the plastic on the vent that is cracked so not holding it properly.

my new ones should be here in this week or so, cant wait to finally get some new vents on

Anonymous

bloody clips broke.  anyone got a pic of the clips for the side vents so i can send an e-mail so a friend so he knows what they look like to go in and order?

Anonymous

searched web and cant find anything, so pppppllllleeeeeaaaassssseeeee tell me one of you have a pic on pc or something   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    

lol

Tem

I'd be interested to see pics of the broken clips..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

not got a camera to upload them mate. and when im trying to tell my mate what ones to get the garage just keep telling him there are 6 types

Tem

Didn't you get new ones? They should come with the clips.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

nope i just got the vents no clips, my mate thinks he has managed to pick right ones and ill collect them on fri and with any luck have some pics up of them on the car

Anonymous

well i now have silver side vents on and they look great in my opinion.

ill get some pics up 2mo to see what you guys think,

thanks liz for suggesting silver   s:) :) s:)

not a major thing but one of the vents at the bottom kinda bends out from the car, doesnt stay flush like the top, is there any super strong tape or maybe a kinda glue i could just touch into the inside of vent and hold against car till bonds?

kanujunkie

i'd be careful glueing the vents to the bodywork as you will need to remove them to get to the drains from time to time
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

yeah i was thinking of that.  any strong car body type tape you can think of then, only wanting to put a bit on the very bottom to hold that in

markiii

Quote from: "reddi"well i now have silver side vents on and they look great in my opinion.

ill get some pics up 2mo to see what you guys think,

thanks liz for suggesting silver   s:) :) s:)

not a major thing but one of the vents at the bottom kinda bends out from the car, doesnt stay flush like the top, is there any super strong tape or maybe a kinda glue i could just touch into the inside of vent and hold against car till bonds?

thats a typical issue when they aren't quite in correctly.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

thats what i thought buddy but ive checked and they diffinetly in correctly.  its not that its sticking miles out or any thing, just comes out a bit further than body of car,

markiii

trust me you need to get teh bottom lip in first or it will do this.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

so you rekon take it back out then put the bottom clip in first?

markiii

yep

Anonymous

ok ill give that a go today and update you 2mo

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"trust me you need to get the bottom lip in first or it will do this.
I can confirm this.  If the lower lug is not correctly hooked over the bodywork, the vent looks as though it's fitted okay, but just stands a little proud at the bottom.  Reddi, did you see my response to your query on mr2oc?

Anonymous

i did bud and it was very helpful, thanks very much.

well gona have a go at refitting my vents on my lunch in 10mins so ill let you know if im succesful

Liz

You told me that they were broken   s:?: :?: s:?:   Oh well, glad that they look ok.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

god i love you guys  (in a totally non gay way)  lol

you were right and they now sitting perfectly fluch with car, pics to follow in 10mins.

Liz - good news, a friend of mines is into arts and crafts and making stuff etc and melted the platic bits that were cracked and added a little glue and now everything seems perfect, not pretty on the backside but who cares as you never see that   s:o :o s:o )

so big thanks liz they look sweet

Liz

Good, look forward to the pictures!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: