Side vents

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2005, 12:52

Anonymous

well here you go guys, i know its not everyones taste but people always say each to their own and i love it.  and it looks ALOT better when its clean but doesnt stay that way for long with this weather im affraid.

Liz

I think that looks nice, just need some clear side repeaters now.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

went looking for them at weekend but halfrods all sold out

markiii

and colour code your headlights
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

ok blonde moment, colour code headlights?

markiii

paint them to match teh car
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

dont think ive seen any pics of this being done, got any?

Peter Wright

Quote from: "reddi"dont think ive seen any pics of this being done, got any?
Look left. were colour coded to my seats
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Can you post a larger pic, sounds very interesting. How big a job is it?

Peter Wright

Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

ghollis_84

That looks wicked,

How do you do that? Remove the glass or somethin?
Red MR-S, TRD Stage 1 kit, plate V* MRS, AEM Induction Kit, TTE Springs, Pre-Cats Gutted, Corky, Custom Luggage set, BAMA, 03 side vents, TRD FSB, Gun Metal grey stock wheels, Red Calipers, Club Sticker, Clear indicators, Dev\'s

Tem

Quote from: "ghollis_84"How do you do that? Remove the glass or somethin?

Yeah, first take out all the screws, then put the whole unit in the oven to some 125C for +5 minutes (I put it in for 5, tried, put it in for another 2, tried again), which will soften the glue and you can get the "glass" off. Then just paint, let it dry and heat it again to make it stick.

Here's another:
 m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/album_pic.php?pic_id=90 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

ghollis_84

In the oven, i would have never have thought to do that, i will see how daring i am to put my lights in the oven, is it the whole ligh or just the plastic bit and the glass not the bulb etc.
Red MR-S, TRD Stage 1 kit, plate V* MRS, AEM Induction Kit, TTE Springs, Pre-Cats Gutted, Corky, Custom Luggage set, BAMA, 03 side vents, TRD FSB, Gun Metal grey stock wheels, Red Calipers, Club Sticker, Clear indicators, Dev\'s

Anonymous

Believe it's just the lens and the housing. (Unplug the bulbs and loom.)

Just a quick one, could you solve the problem of condensation in the headlights this way?? I.E takes the glass out dry it out, then re-seal?

Peter - do you have any leak/condensation problems with yours, now that you have opened them up?

Tem

Yeah, take everything off that you can and put just the plastic case and "glass" in there.

Quote from: "extremeMR2"Just a quick one, could you solve the problem of condensation in the headlights this way?? I.E takes the glass out dry it out, then re-seal?

Probably. Or you could try drying it through the bulb hole with a heat gun or hair dryer or alike and see if it comes back.

Anonymous

The thing is, I've put some ultra Bright bulbs in, which seems to dry out the condensation, but then it reappears.

I'm wondering if the seal is buggered, and if I heat up the cluster and take it apart to reseal it, whether that would fix it?

I head of this problem being apparent with the '2 but the only fix I've seen on here is to get the lamps replaced. (Very expensive option)

ghollis_84

Hi,

Has anyone seen these side vents before from the link below:

m http://www.kreativeimport.com/mrs_fr.jpg m

If so do they know where i can get them from, Their site is under construction.

I think they look well smart

Cheers

Tem

Quote from: "ghollis_84"Hi,

Has anyone seen these side vents before from the link below:

m http://www.kreativeimport.com/mrs_fr.jpg m

If so do they know where i can get them from, Their site is under construction.

I think they look well smart

Cheers

Yes, many have, you can find them in the stickied bodykit-thread on top of this area  s;) ;) s;)

I assume anyone selling japanese parts can get them, like japanparts.com  s8) 8) s8)  Erebuni also makes cheap copies of those.

ghollis_84

thanx Tem

I will have a butchers

Anonymous

ok guys i know this an old post but just wondering latly if i should be changing the side vents to same colour as the car or not?  just wanting to get some opinions on having them silver?  alot of people have told me looks good with hard top on but they aint so keen when soft tops up

dont want my car looking silly so open to all feedback.   Pics above if you aint seen it

kanujunkie

IMHO, they look out of place, if you wanted a contrast job then perhaps something similar in colour to the stock but slightly off the stock colour could look ok, its the same effect i went for when i stickered up the car for JAE last year
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

so you saying they be better either being close to stock colour ie the gray plastic ones or put same colour as car

Anonymous

rekon im gona get some new ones from japanparts as with taking the ones ive got in and out some of the clips are cracking.  so if im getting new ones whats best to get if im gona be getting someone to paint them.  options are

Choose color: White(#040), Gray(#1E3), Silver(#1E7), Black(#202), Red(#3P0), Yellow(#576), Dark green(#6R4), Blue(#8M6) or Light blue(#8R2)

pity they dont do 6S1  or id be sorted   s:o :o s:o )

kanujunkie

no i meant the stock body colour not the grey plastic
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

oh  LOL  

what colour you think easiest to paint then?

Tags: