Help Needed with Autoleads. Whcih one??

Started by Anonymous, January 19, 2006, 17:20

Anonymous

I have a 2001 EU import, just bought a new head unit, and I'm looking for the Auto lead connections. Halfords don't supply them. my question is which one (out of two) do i need, and where can I get them from.

Does our car have active speakers?

Seen a pair of connectors for £50 is this them?

aaronjb

Actually, Halfords do supply them  s;) ;) s;)  PC2-17-4 (I have one sitting here next to me, in fact - a spare as I bought two  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Don't make the mistake I did - the loom that plugs into the back of the stock stereo (if you have one) is actually a sub-loom that you need to remove.. Otherwise you'll be wondering why the halfords connector doesn't fit (like I was.. which is.. uh.. why I have two  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Assuming the EU import has the same sub loom as the UK, of course.. the main loom will be the same, though, I'm sure.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

well mine has two connectors, one that has all of its holes containing a wire then one that only has one wire. The connector I got from halfords has the wire in the wrong places for this connector

Anonymous

I'v got the right connector now, thanks Aaron for your help.

But just found that it doesnt have the ISO mounting holes on the side on the unit, DOH ! ! !

does anyone know if it's possible to mount a HU without these holes?

-------------------
Ryan

Anonymous

Quote from: "extremeMR2"But just found that it doesnt have the ISO mounting holes on the side on the unit, DOH ! ! !

Are you sure? On my Alpine I had to remove a plate from each side that locked into the DIN adapter, the plate was using the ISO holes.

Quote from: "extremeMR2"does anyone know if it's possible to mount a HU without these holes?

You need the Halfords fitting kit for the Toyota RAV4 2000 onwards, that takes a standard DIN sleeve.

Anonymous

So does the halfords kit, mount to the two struts using the original mounting plates?

once this kit is in would I just fit the HU with the Cage?

Thanks
-----------
Ryan

Anonymous

If you take a look at the post entitled "Sticky: Fitting 2 Single DIN units - an alternative method" which you'll find near the top of the list it shows pictures of exactly how it all fits.

Tags: