Storage bin door - rattling

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2006, 14:22

Anonymous

I have a few new rattling noises in the cabin.

Im hoping you guys might have some suggestions to fixing these as i can't find anything on the search in relation to these.

1.  My passenger storage bin door normally closes and rests on some little rubber pegs.  I seem to have lost one of these pegs so the door now rests on one corner against the actual plastic.   Has anyone got any idea where i could get a replacement or a fix to stop the door rattling on the plastic frame when the door is closed.

2.  My dashboard at the very front (near the window air vent) is rattling.  And even makes a noise when i push down on it when i am not moving.  Any ideas, or fixes?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

rmowbray

These are well known rattles and MrT has issued his dealers with "fixes" to address them. If you're under warranty, get them to fix them, if not you can do it yourself they're not to hard. You need someone to help you with the dashboard one though IIRC.

I can't find the details of the fixes at the moment. But I'm sure if you hang on some helpful person will be along with a link in a minute!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I'm 99% sure Stu (Kanujunkie) sent a list of these fixes out before.  Try and PM him.

kanujunkie

there is no direct mr.T fix for this but after a bit of playing with some electrical tape and bending the U shaped bar that the door clips onto towards the back of the car, you'll get a perfect seal. Also bedding/door seal  tape on the panels that the door panels press onto helps a load
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

Oh god i have this dash rattle annoying

Also my fan even on the lowest speed ticks away and drives me up the wall.

I seriously have to keep pressing the loud pedal *shrugs* sorry officer

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Nicely done!  s:) :) s:)

Cheers

Anonymous

Came across this thread in a search.... the link above to the pdf doesn't work anymore. Has anyone got a copy of this they wouldn't mind emailing me or re-posting?

Cheers

Rich

kanujunkie

it works again now, sorry i cant keep things on my site for long, not enough webspace  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Cheers kanujunkie, I've grabbed it now.

Tags: