TF300 List number & colour

Started by SteveP, August 15, 2014, 17:39

Call the midlife!

Quote from: fawtytoo on June 23, 2023, 19:46Well spotted. Less than half that on mine. I hope there's no story to that.

I'm going to look at an SMT this weekend, but I'm going check out the TF too.
Weights are less dense now I believe, due to the materials they're made from, takes more individual weights to balance.
60% of the time it works everytime...

fawtytoo

Checked the MOT history for 119:
QuoteDo not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
Parking brake efficiency less than 50% of the required value (1.4.2 (a) (ii))
Repair immediately (major defects):
Nearside Front Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (3.4 (b) (ii))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Nearside Front Coil spring corroded (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Offside Front Coil spring corroded (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Offside Rear Coil spring corroded (5.3.1 (b) (i))
Nearside Rear Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrule (1.1.12 (f) (i))
Offside Rear Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrule (1.1.12 (f) (i))
This is from September '22, and the advisories have not been fixed.

I haven't spoken to them yet, but if those advisories have not been repaired, I think that affects the £6995 price tag.

Also, it's done 52,224 miles.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

SuperArt

Rear quarter has had an accident.
Different colour to the test of the car.
Unlikely to be numbers matched original panel repaired, probably not great for a potential survivor/collector
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

fawtytoo

Quote from: SuperArt on June 25, 2023, 18:27Rear quarter has had an accident.
Different colour to the test of the car.
Unlikely to be numbers matched original panel repaired, probably not great for a potential survivor/collector
And again, well spotted. I haven't looked at it yet, so can't comment. But I do see what you mean.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Mohzman

Does anyone know if the wide body kit was actually sold as an OEM option? Like have you seen them for sale? I know the kit can be purchased aftermarket and installed, but curious if any where made OEM.

s12vea

Quote from: Mohzman on September  4, 2023, 15:45Does anyone know if the wide body kit was actually sold as an OEM option? Like have you seen them for sale? I know the kit can be purchased aftermarket and installed, but curious if any where made OEM.

Just aftermarket part, too extreme for Toyota

TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

MikeB

Quote from: Nikki on March 26, 2023, 09:14I have TF257 .
Oh wow, that's interesting, next number on to the 'suspicious 258' Yellow one. How does the VIN compare to the yellow one? (ending 5908) I know there are other confirmed TF's with VIN below & above this car which may indicate TF258 in yellow was within the final 300 UK models.

s12vea

Quote from: MikeB on March 28, 2024, 14:40Oh wow, that's interesting, next number on to the 'suspicious 258' Yellow one. How does the VIN compare to the yellow one? (ending 5908) I know there are other confirmed TF's with VIN below & above this car which may indicate TF258 in yellow was within the final 300 UK models.

They didn't make a yellow TF, I know of the car and checked directly with Toyota when it first surfaced many years ago

many errors on that car the only thing TF is the rear square badge
TF204 Blue

MikeB

Quote from: s12vea on March 28, 2024, 18:12They didn't make a yellow TF, I know of the car and checked directly with Toyota when it first surfaced many years ago

many errors on that car the only thing TF is the rear square badge & that's on upside down + the TF258 number is stuck on the bulkhead not on the frunk liner like most others, not to mention it was registered six months before the TF range was launched!!!

Ardent

stavros58

It's only taken me 10 years to respond sorry about that mine is TF176 and Red sadly I am about to give it its spring clean and polish and sell it after over 17 years of ownership from new .
MR2 Chilli Red, final 300 production run for U.K. Hard Top, TTE twin pipes, Alacantra leather. Pre registered, no mods but  Brilliant! Favourite quote "I don\'t expect to know what is around the corner but I do at least expect to know where the corner is"

s12vea

Quote from: stavros58 on April  3, 2024, 15:27It's only taken me 10 years to respond sorry about that mine is TF176 and Red sadly I am about to give it its spring clean and polish and sell it after over 17 years of ownership from new .

May I have some more details as currently looking for a TF300

Thanks
TF204 Blue

s12vea

090 silver
204 blue
203 black
TF204 Blue

s12vea

160 blue