Lower front brace? Or frame? Replacement

Started by WillM, March 28, 2024, 10:25

WillM

Hello guys not sure what this part is called but are there replacements available? I found some ghastly looking thing on eBay but I'd really like one made from aluminium tubes or something if it's possible, I saw some photos on a US forum of one but that's from long ago and I can't find it for sale

Found this pic on google, mine has been painted but is still kind of crusty so if a nice one is available that'd be great

Carolyn

You'd be surprised at how well that will come up with a rotary wire brush and a good coat of paint.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

WillM

Quote from: Carolyn on March 28, 2024, 11:18You'd be surprised at how well that will come up with a rotary wire brush and a good coat of paint.

Oh I'm sure but if I can put a nice stainless or aluminium one on I'm sure it'd brace the car a bit better and it'd look nice :) 

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: WillM on March 28, 2024, 11:57Oh I'm sure but if I can put a nice stainless or aluminium one on I'm sure it'd brace the car a bit better// and it'd look nice :) 

1) I've never seen stainless, & probably wouldn't.
2) Not for long they don't.

As Carolynn says, they're diy-cleanable.  If you don't want to, get them sandblasted & powdercoated, then spray stone-chip paint on them.

WillM

I've replied to an old post which has what I'm looking for hopefully they can help!

This is a picture incase any of you know

Joesson

@WillM

That brace could be one of the complete set that @Snelbaard produces, have a look in The market place/ Commercial sales on here.

MRSwede

WillM

It is yeah thanks guys :))) I'll get in touch with him soon, price seems very reasonable

Tags: