300bhp Apexi Turbo Kit !!!

Started by Anonymous, March 20, 2006, 12:01

Anonymous

No they aren't needed at low psi. I ran for over a year with my PE at 6.5psi. Stock injectors no cooling. Duty cycle of the injectors weren't maxed out, the PE does have a RRFPR to help with fueling.

Things might not be needed as such but i'd recommend you budget for them for long term use.

Anonymous

ok thanx, that what i needed to know, what sort of power did it have?

i'd proberly not keep the car for over a year anyway! ive had 7 cars so for since ive passed, in just over 1 year.  s:P :P s:P

spit

Thats reassuring Ian. I still haven't had the bottle to switch from stock injectors yet  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Granted, I don't have RRFPR, but then I don't have 6.5psi either (at the moment  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

As for going turbo on the cheap, I understand where you're coming from with the desire for more RoadRunner, but without forking out £4k. C2 do (or did) have a non-intercooled version at around £1700. Gaspar (C2Gas) will be able to put you straight on that.

That said, these mods get kinda addictive on the '2. I'd say that any extra torque will leave you wanting in other areas of suspension and bracing...and you might want gauges...and boost control... and...and..

So, think on!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

lol, spit i know what you mean... i did this on my last car, and the list kept going on and on, but it was worth it!  s:P :P s:P

spit

(I've just read our overlapping posts)..... and if you're not keeping the car for more than a year, the best advice has to be "don't bother modding".

(except for a second-hand Sportsauspuff and Apexi CAI of course   s:wink: :wink: s:wink: )

Meep Meep Matey!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

ive ended up buying the apexi off Slacey, but i'd have your Sportsauspuff 100%, just let me know when its ready!!!!

Tags: