Chips Away

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2006, 12:43

Anonymous

Has anyone used Chips Away or a similar service to get their stone chips done? Did they do a good job? I have some really bad ones and don't trust myself with a touchup pen.

Anonymous

Ive phoned them to get them to come out and give me a 'free no obligation' quote.

Had one phonecall asking for my address, was supposed to come over last Tuesday.  Never turned up, and no phone call as yet, although he might not of been able to get on my property ( security gates  :-) :-) :-)  )

This is just for the guy who covers my area though - as they basically use people all around the country - so dont take this as a generalisation of the company, Ive heard they are very good, thats why I phoned them in the first place.

heathstimpson

I used them to repair a scuff on the bumper and alloy. They did a good job but for matching loads of stonechips I donot know  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I used them when a 4 x 4 scratched the back of my 2 in ASDA car park, they filled a small section and repainted a 20 x 2 cm area of scrached bumper for 130 quid.

it was a really good job and now after a year i cannot tell where it was.

I actually went to their depot as they said that they cannot do it at my house unless i had a garage. It took an hour and a half.

Tags: