40k service - How much approx ???

Started by Anonymous, April 25, 2006, 15:56

Anonymous

Having just bought an 00 roadster, although it was serviced to Toyota spec by the trader I bought the car from (without stamping the book on my request), I was wondering what sort of money I would expect to be paying the local Toyota stealer to do a 40k service provided nothing needs doing / replacing?

I wanted to keep the car's FTSH for future resale value as it's had a FTSH and it will be due a 40k in 3000 miles which the books states as a full service.

kanujunkie

in surrey expect £200 to £240 mark but it does vary if you shop around
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Slough was £340 for just the service!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

youch!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

thats a bit hefty  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

normanh

Dingles quoted me around £250 for the 20K service with a possible loyality discount on cost and parts.

Normanh

darrenjuggins

£134 excluding oil for mine   s8) 8) s8)  

Cheers

Darren J

(Listers Toyota - Lincoln)
Darren A. Juggins

kanujunkie

yikes i'm paying more than that for the 50k tomorrow  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Got my 40k service tomorrow £260

Got to pick a bone with them about the discs, I reported them on the last service and all they did was skim them, well they are completely broloxed now and I am a bit miffed that the repair caried out only lasted untill after the warranty ran out!!  s:x :x s:x  
The alloys they replaced at the same time have more bubbles than an aero as well  s:x :x s:x

Chris_h

Fastboy

You may find that your car has already had the 40k / 4 year service in 2004 at a lower mileage (if that makes sense).

In which case, you may get away with an interim service which recently cost me £80.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

darrenjuggins

Tee, Hee Stu - the benefits of living in Lincolnshire   s8) 8) s8)
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Tee, Hee Stu - the benefits of living in Lincolnshire   s8) 8) s8)

I thinks thats cos everyone is related in Lincolnshire  -so they do each other favours   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ShaunyF"
Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Tee, Hee Stu - the benefits of living in Lincolnshire   s8) 8) s8)

I thinks thats cos everyone is related in Lincolnshire  -so they do each other favours   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

[MOD] eeerrrr watch it thats a bit close to the personal attack rule line[/MOD]

dont fancy a lodger do you Darren?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

darrenjuggins

Hi Stu,

Err no, but if your ever up this way and need a service for ya car and fancy a coffee, then feel free to give us a buzz..

It's amazing how different prices are across the country, never fails to amaze me.

Cheers

Darren J

(Don't worry ShaunyF - wasn't offended, but thanks for stepping in Mod)
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Just had my 40k service done.

Was quoted £260 and while waiting for it to be done they informed me that the brake fluid needed replacing (another £52.95)

Total charge (less my other club discount) £207

I'm well chuffed

The discs are not under warranty as it is surface corrosion but I'm waiting for the alloys to be replaced as they are still covered with the parts warranty

s:) :) s:)

philster_d

50 odd quid how much fluid did they use ?

Peter Wright

Prices do seem to vary ridiculously, this is my 40k service by a toyota dealer makes you wonder if they have done it properly especially when it includes an MOT
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

kanujunkie

well i've just had a surprise, got the car back and including the 50K service, fitting some rear brake pads, fitting a futoymo oil drain valve and 4L or Mobil 1, the price came to £141.90, think they must have had a mad day, they quoted over £200 at first, looks like my lucks in
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

My parents have bought a second home in a village just north of Bourne. They will be retiring there soon so I know where I'll be going for my next service & MOT  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Perhaps I should arrange my services whilst I'm up at our Norfolk place, rather than in the Thames Valley?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "peterb"Perhaps I should arrange my services whilst I'm up at our Norfolk place, rather than in the Thames Valley?
Probablt be half your normal bill  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: