just a quick one

Started by enid_b, April 29, 2006, 00:12

enid_b

hi, im a newb both to the forum and ownership. i got a 51 plate with 31k on it.

ABSOLUTELY love this car, wonder why i waited soooo long before i got one.

one question, its not bothering me im just curious as to whether all you veterans of roadster could answer for me.

when its ticking over, especially after a run there is a slight bubbling sound coming from the rear offside (ie behind drivers seat) almost like a kettle boiling sort of noise.

is this normal? is this a problem? anyone else get experience of it?

ta.   pics to follow of my beloved.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Hmmm, not to sure about this one.
Can you give us some more info.
Does it happen all the time or is it really only when the car is up to temperature?
Anything else the matter - does it run hot?
Have you got the aircon on?

The only things I can think of thay might bubble behind the drivers head would be the aircon unit or petrol tank.

I'm sure someone will be able to guide you in the right direction.

Oh and welcome to the MR2ROC!   s:P :P s:P

Slacey

It might be air being pushed arounf the cooling system, although the overflow bottle is on the passenger side.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

it could be the timing chain tensioner, mine sounds a little like this, its nothing to worry about unless it gets really noisy though

Ernie Ball

My first thought was plugged up drain hole and water back-up.  But I guess that wouldn't be bubbling.  More like "sloshing."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"My first thought was plugged up drain hole and water back-up.  But I guess that wouldn't be bubbling.  More like "sloshing."

That did cross my mind as well, but as you said when mine was blocked and leaking it was a very definate sloshing sound of trapped water when going round a corner.
Took my bins out and found half inch of water in there.

Anonymous

The fuel pump in the top of the petrol tank is behind the drivers seat under a metal plate. Could be something there.

philster_d

I have this too, never noticed before going turbo

enid_b

hi, thanks for the replies so far,

im not worried about it, i am on nights this week so u will have to bear with me, being awake is enough of a challenge.....

i did listen to it this morning on the way home and can confirm the following.

its not a sloshing noise, and it sounds almost a little mechanical as opposed to a liquid, but it does sound like a bubbling sort of thing....... hopefully i will investigate further on my days off.  woke up this evening looked out as i always do and thought mmmm sun = roof down.

sadly mrs enid wants me to take her "slow" golf turbo to work to valet it tonight, so no smiles for me!!!!!

will be in touch.  

PS the forum makes great reading whilst on night shifts....keep it up folks, im learning loads about these wonderful machines.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

Liz

They are taking all our internet access from Monday   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  , no more surfing from work, unless work related....boooooo
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

enid_b

breaking news....

whilst browsing this den of information i ended up on the technical library exhaust note files.......

i played this one.... m http://www.mr2roc.org/Repository/misc/audiofiles/e ... haust2.mpg m

and that noise before he starts revving it is the sound i have.... any clues???   ta

p.s.  died liz?  can you talk about it?

philster_d

Yes thats the sound

enid_b

i dont feel as bad then now there are at least 2 of us phil. any ideas what it could be?

e

Anonymous

my money is on a small leak in your exhaust.

philster_d

I had a eureka moment on this, what about the charcoal canister thingy thats where it is, behind the driver ?

Sometimes sounds like driving in puddles even tho its not raining.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"I had a eureka moment on this, what about the charcoal canister thingy thats where it is, behind the driver ?

Sometimes sounds like driving in puddles even though its not raining.

what the fuel vapour one, i doubt that very much, by definition of what it does, VAPOUR

this is the downside of web based diagnosis, sounds are damn hard to diagnose over the internet even with sound
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

I have no idea what it does, just trying to help.

Its like if the drivers door was a tiny bit open so you can hear a bit more noise.

Mine is no longer realy a fair comparison car, I guess.

Philster.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"Mine is no longer realy a fair comparison car, I guess.

no, i guess not, you've got too many other noises  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: