Shhhh... don't tell Buster..

Started by Slacey, October 8, 2003, 20:32

Slacey

Or he'll kill me..   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I installed a pair of Sony XSV6933 6x9 speakers in the storage doors today - the speakers were a good price, and after seeing Jonboys install, it seemed a good compromise between nothing at all or the storage bins full of subs & amps.
I think it looks good, I'm pleased with the job - I haven't wired them up yet, that's to be done at the weekend, but I think they should sound OK. Most of the balance will be up front to utilise my Focal's to the full anyway.

See pics below...

Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

vey nice,finally came then?
u not goin for an amp then just puttin them straight on to the head unit???

Anonymous

man there big!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

I was gonna say, are you sure these are 6x9?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

They look an awful lot bigger

Anonymous

They look the dogs mate.
Hopfully see you the weekend and compare notes!
Nice job

Slacey

Quote from: "jonboy"vey nice,finally came then?
u not goin for an amp then just puttin them straight on to the head unit???
I'm going straight to the H/U, I'm led to believe the Sony unit I have (CA-900) should handle them OK. We'll see.

Kris & Emmanuel - they definately are 6x9's, I think that grille makes them look a lot bigger! They are hidden by the seats anyway, so it's only really me that gets to see them!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

And luckily, we must have all been talking nice and quietly, Buster still hasn't noticed....

Oh, and thanks, Coley   s:D :D s:D

Chris

very nice, and red cones to match the seats!  I'd agree and say that the silver surround makes them look a lot bigger.  I've got a set of jbl gto 93's (iirc) at home from my last car and want to put them somewhere, but have been resisting putting them in the doors...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

I don't think the storage doors are suitable for this but it would be very difficult to put them anywhere else without major surgery.

Personaly, I'd love to have an extra set of speakers but I need all the storage space; it just about fits my golf clubs as it is.

Slacey, what have you done with the cabling?

<edit>Just realised you haven't wired them up yet </edit>

Slacey

Quote from: "Emmanuel"Slacey, what have you done with the cabling?
Nothing yet, doing that tomorrow, but I'm going to route the cables along the bottom of the doors in some small trunking, then run them through the transmission tunnel and carpet so they are completely out of sight. Jonboy has done this as have a couple of guys on SC. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I'm going to route the cables along the bottom of the doors in some small trunking, then run them through the transmission tunnel and carpet so they are completely out of sight.

How about routing them through the door sills?  I think it might be a lot easier and you will have easier access at a later day.

Anonymous

SLACEY !!!!!!!!!!!

what have you done   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Carved you car to bits LOL Oh well as long as you are pelased with it i prefer my ICE hidden but thats just me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But nicely cut on the 45 But SONY !!! please Slacey when you have some more money give me  a shout and i can get some focal 6*9 cheap or some new USA 6*9 Subs YEAH BABY   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But looks nice

On the cableing side Emmanuel has hit teh anil no the head run teh cables down teh door sills as it provides easy maintence and quicker installation

Over all tho slacey you are gettign there Oh one more thing you will notice that the headunit will get a lot hotter now so move the looms at the bck of the h/u away just incase they burn   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Quote from: "Buster"SLACEY !!!!!!!!!!!

what have you done   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Carved you car to bits LOL Oh well as long as you are pelased with it i prefer my ICE hidden but thats just me   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But nicely cut on the 45 But SONY !!! please Slacey when you have some more money give me  a shout and i can get some focal 6*9 cheap or some new USA 6*9 Subs YEAH BABY   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But looks nice

On the cableing side Emmanuel has hit teh anil no the head run teh cables down teh door sills as it provides easy maintence and quicker installation

Over all tho slacey you are gettign there Oh one more thing you will notice that the headunit will get a lot hotter now so move the looms at the bck of the h/u away just incase they burn   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Whew!! Not too bad a roasting fortunately!
I'll (as always) take the advice on board Buster, and should I be happy with the setup, an pair of Focal 6x9's would be nice. I'll look into running the cable through the sills, I'm (hopefully) going to attempt this tomorrow. Any problems, I'll be sure to shout!   s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Well, they are all wired up now (through the sills - good call Emmanuel), and I think they sound great! With the H/U being pretty powerful as it is, you can crank them up with no distortion at all, and the bass from those 6x9's is plenty enough for me, even making me feel a little sick with the vibration through the seats then my chest!
All in all I'm happy. I'll live with them for a while before considering if I need to upgrade them (or get rid, for that matter).
Thanks for the advice guys, and oh... if it is BASS you want, check out Coley's car...   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Yeah i have heard about this beast being around!

He has spoken to me about this and when he posts pics i can see all goodies for myself!

I will be interested on how they fitted them in there but i have a funny feeling how they did it as i had a e-mail from them LOL   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Yeah i have heard about this beast being around!

He has spoken to me about this and when he posts pics i can see all goodies for myself!

I will be interested on how they fitted them in there but i have a funny feeling how they did it as i had a e-mail from them LOL   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Buster, what have you done????? All letters and words are in the right order...

Anonymous

LOL Well i had just got back from rugby so i had 10 tonnes of S*it kicked out of me so i probly make more sence

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: