Chrome Kick Plates

Started by heathstimpson, October 17, 2003, 16:00

heathstimpson

Anyone had any joy with the Toyota chrome kickplates?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Mine just would not stay stuck down even when the doublesided tape was replaced with extra strong stuff  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  The moisture peels them off (not that we have had too much lately) and they vibrate on the bottom of the doors  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  The surface they attach to is not smooth which does not help.
Cheers,
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

i've got the lockwood jobbies and after a quick cleaning with some nail varnish remover or something similar then mine have stayed down a treat
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Slacey

Same here with the Lockwoods, mine are still well stuck down after a year now, even with me ripping the whole sill out to run speaker cable through.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

How much are the Lockwoods and where can you get them from?
Cheers,

Slacey

I think there needs to be compulsory 'search' training for the newbies...   s:? :? s:?  

See here... http://dcp-shop.co.uk/catalog/default.php?cPath=154_161&osCsid=9b360a3ebdfdbb6d756d0040ce8fe855

heathstimpson

Has anyone got a piccy of the Lockwoods fitted that they could enclose?

Anonymous

Hitman

Try "Shgow us yours" 6 down from your post in this topic. Otherwise go to Search from the main menu.

Direct Car Perts supplied ou Lockqwood ones through a Group Buy organised by Peter Laborne at £35.00 each incl VAT and postage. Will be more bought individually.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Quote from: "Roger H"...£35.00 each incl VAT and postage. Will be more bought individually.
Eh? They are only £32.50 with free postage from DCP on that link I supplied above!   s:? :? s:?

MR2Blue

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Roger H"...£35.00 each incl VAT and postage. Will be more bought individually.
Eh? They are only £32.50 with free postage from DCP on that link I supplied above!   s:? :? s:?

Peter arranged the GB and the cost including VAT and P&P was £25.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Quote from: "MR2Blue"Peter arranged the GB and the cost including VAT and P&P was £25.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Now that makes more sense! I think Roger must have mis-typed   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

LeeUK

Well i currently have the naff Toyota carbon looky likey sills which i got thrown in with the car.  Went out last night and dropped my brother off at his friends 18th.  Unfortunatley i had to bring him and this other girl (quite fit) back.  The girl couldn't manage to get over the door sill and she tore the carbon like sills!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Long story short i need the lockwood sills!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

If anyone else is interested it maybe an idea to sort a group deal!  It would make a great christmas stocking filler!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Slacey

Quote from: "LeeUK"If anyone else is interested it maybe an idea to sort a group deal!  It would make a great christmas stocking filler!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
With a (very succesful) GB having been done only a few weeks ago, I doubt you will get much interest so soon, but if you want to give it a a go anyway, PM Peter Laborne who arranged the original as he will have all the relevant contact info.

Anonymous

Quote from: "LeeUK"Well i currently have the naff Toyota carbon looky likey sills which i got thrown in with the car.

I have these and think they look the dogs! subtle and not in your face like the lockwood ones.

LeeUK

I do like the carbon sills but unfortunately they are not made to last.  I do tell people to be careful when getting in the car but they never take the same care as me or my girlfriend do!  This makes me   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  when they scratch my car!

To save me from any possible insane outbursts it's safer for me to invest in some Lockwood sills!

If nobody is interested in a group buy, my girlfriend will probably get them for my Christmas present if i ask nicely!  All i have to do is figure what to get her!  It's not an engagement ring yet!   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

heathstimpson

I'll have some on a group buy.

kanujunkie

got any more on this group buy??  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

LeeUK

I have 2 people for a group buy..... including me   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I think Slaceys right, it's not going to be worth it!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Tags: