After market Brake discs

Started by Anonymous, January 4, 2007, 11:11

Anonymous

Well ive bought these EBC disks and pads from Graydon but havent gotten round to fitting them... A summer job...

I'll let you know what i think to em when i fit them.

Anonymous

IMHO the EBC's are good value for money, they are available in different compounds to suit your driving style...Black..OE replacement, Green..Fast road use, Red..Fast roadTrack, Yellow...Track only.

I have used the red's on my tuned turbo for the last eight months and have been fairly happy with them...the have worn quite quick but have had some serious use....no fade braking repeatedly from 120+ on track days and are reasonable from cold,  keeping in mind that the Mintex equivalent are almost three times the price then these are excellent value.

We can also supply black diamond discs and pads or Mintex M1144 etc range.  Black Diamond sets are approximately £150 extra, Predataor pads are similar price to EBC greens and M1144's are approximately £120 a set of pads!!!!

The M1144's come highly rated and are still being trialled on the other Directors Porsche 968 after 18 months!!  Last longer but cost more....It depends on what you needwant, there will always be something better.....if you pay more!!!

Any questions on operating temps or specific quotes then please feel free to email or call Stainless Creations on 01324 622832.

Regards,
Graydon.

spit

*[Mod] Just a quick footnote to Graydon's comments above - I asked him to come along and join in the debate as a car enthusiast who has used the EBC combo and has experience of other aftermarket options too.

Yes, his Company does sell this stuff, but thats not why he's here, and in the spirit of fairness I do need to point out that other people sell it too! - Ste [/Mod]*

So, back to the debate .....
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

rmowbray

I've got the grooved/dimpled disks and greenstuff pads on the front. I bought just the fronts to try them out and minimise the cost with a view to buy the backs if I like them. Personally I think they are great, improved stopping power over standard and no noticable need to warm up from cold. The grooves are really good at clearing the water off the disk, so no little heart stopping moments when you brake in heavy rain/spray and nothing happens for the first second.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I've not tried them on the track so I can't comment on high temp fade, but I drive "enthusiastically" (except that pootle in Ste's car) so I think they're suitable for whatever most people may throw at them on the road. Besides if you're serious about track driving then you shouldn't be looking at the greens anyway.

Justine's got redstuff on the scooby - now they definitely do need warming up!

spynish

What about Endless Super Street  S Sports pads guys?
Anyone have tried them?

Tags: