C-One Sports Final Gear Set

Started by Anonymous, February 8, 2007, 22:40

aaronjb

Yes.  Well - order the pinion gear and it'll come with the output shaft.. if you see what I mean - the pinion is actually cut into the shaft, it's not a separate entity at all.

It makes swapping the FD ratios quite cumbersome, as you have to swap the entire gear set across the output shafts.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

thast not an issue of I know what to order so the pinion is it? nothing else I need?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Just pinion and ring gear..

To actually fit it you'll need many little bits & bobs, but nothing special - just things like single use nuts, snap rings etc that any good gear shop will have (or be able to get).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

hmm I must admit this is one of the things I miss about my Yaris T-Sport, crazy buzzing up and down the box. After changing to the 2, I find it holds itself way to long in each gear.... curious to hear from anyone who has tried it...

philster_d

Interesting just clearing some very old e-mails and found some toyota LSD info from a past life....

QuoteThe following may also be useful:

m http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/LimitedSlipCode.html m

From memory the JDM vehicles write the code in a different order to

that described and print it on the plate under the front bonnet, but

you should be recognise the 734 (no LSD) 735 (LSD) bit.

I know its back in my mk2 days but it might be useful, if toyota still follow the same principles this could help us find a true j 6 lsd. Potentialy just need to decode their numbering system a bit.

kanujunkie

interesting Phil,

when i'm under the car next i'll have a look at mine and confirm that, it turns out that my j-spec 5 speed doesn't have an LSD which makes the backend rather lively, cant wait to get the 6 speed box modified and put back in
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

A cheap way to play around with the final drive is to monkey around with tyre sizes. Currently on my roadster 4000rpm in 6th = GPS 70mph!  Have met another 2ZZ owner by chance who is @ 85mph at those engine speeds in 6th (though he had the original MR2 facelifted gearbox where 6th is an overdrive).

Tem

Quote from: "fanjules"A cheap way to play around with the final drive is to monkey around with tyre sizes.

That does affect the ride height and handling too, if you make noticeable changes there.  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: