Speakers

Started by DAZ400, November 7, 2003, 09:36

DAZ400

What ever you intend to do with changing head unit or not the first thing is to change the completley useless poor performing standard speakers. This is easy to do. I have replaced the front with 17 inch Pioneer 2 way and what a difference, have left the standard tweeter for now.  s:D :D s:D
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

Quote from: "DAZ400"I have replaced the front with 17 inch Pioneer 2 way and what a difference

I'm not surprised there's a difference. How did you manage to make the installation look subtle?

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

DAZ400

You don't even know they are there because you can't see them they are behind the door panel grill. you do not use the grill of the new speakers.

You see the the round grill you see on the door is not a grill it is part of the door panel and can't be removed.

What you need to do is take the door panel off and you will see a grey plastic tube and card board which MR T must loosly define as a speaker.

Remove this and cut the back angled braces off I used a dremel for this, then remove the front cardboard bit so as it is flush with the plastic you will understand better when you see it but basically we will use the plastic tube to mount our new speakers in as this is perfect for getting the depth right, so it won't hit the window and won't stick out to far to hit the door panel. The Pioneer 17 inch fit into this tube I fixed them in place with Silicon as there was no suitable fixing for screw but is well held in place.

Replace everything and enjoy !!!!!!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Regarding these 17 inch speakers, you don't happen to mean 17cm do you?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

DAZ400

Yes Sorry   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Slacey

I'm pleased to see others are seeing the light!

The install procedure as mentioned by DAZ above is documented in further detail by Buster here - http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=144 for any new members or old hands wishing to upgrade.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

hmmm pioneer !

Each to there own i supose   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Ditch the tweeters quick - IMHO the biggest problem with the stock speakers is the midrange/treble is pants - try a before and after with a bit of Morcheeba.
Of course it's all pants though so every bit helps   s:D :D s:D  

J

Tags: