Screen

Started by Anonymous, November 8, 2003, 10:22

Anonymous

This I suppose is a question for buster.

What are the best options (location, type etc) for installing a screen in the '2?

Cheers,

Lee

Anonymous

Best option for placement is the '2s sat nav pod that replaces the small storage bin on top of the dash.You'll then have to find a screen to fit it.

I've got a double din sized screen that directly replaces stock unit.

Not a brilliant photo of it, but just gives you an idea.

Anonymous

lee i have found that the best place for the screen is on the top storage palce on the dash i will post pics of what i mean soon! you can make the bracket your self as trying to find the one Mr T make is inpossible   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

The pics i have show it all so i will post soon   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

It would be good if you could have the screen go up or down, so it wasn't as attractive to a thief!

Tem

Quote from: "Lee"It would be good if you could have the screen go up or down, so it wasn't as attractive to a thief!

Install it in the dash storage bin then. But not with the commonly used nav pod, but use the stock door instead. Once closed, it looks 100% stock. When open, the screen is visible.

First thought is to use some hinge to connect the screen to the door. So that gravity pulls it down when you open the door. It would probably be too shaky to use during driving, so you need to get creative  s;) ;) s;)

And you need to make the door stiffer, it can barely hold itself up, I bet it would drop closed all the time, if you add extra weight to it.

Cut some 7" block from wood and start experimenting...have fun!  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I kinda meant what equipment would i need.

Could i install a screen and say connect my xbox directly to it or would it have to go through some interface?

Anonymous

on most screen units you have a hand brake lead to ensure you cant use certain functions whilst on the move(watch dvd or re-route on my sat nav), am I correct in thinking that this is always an earth lead? ie if spliced to the earth lead of the harness all the functions will work?

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"on most screen units you have a hand brake lead to ensure you cant use certain functions whilst on the move(watch dvd or re-route on my sat nav), am I correct in thinking that this is always an earth lead? ie if spliced to the earth lead of the harness all the functions will work?

Yes that's correct

Tags: