My car is a bloater!

Started by Slacey, November 11, 2003, 19:41

Slacey

After searching for weeks for a Public Weighbridge (without success), I found out there is one at the rubbish skip operators premises half a mile away   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
One quick phone call later, and I'm on my way down to get OS2 (tm) weighed so that my G-Tech figures are accurate.

The result? 2337 pounds!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The quoted stock weight is 2195 pounds, so I'm 142 pounds overweight   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

But, I'm happy with my car, and it's fast enough for my needs, so I'm not losing any sleep over it. One thing I would be interested in, though - is someone with a stock car near a weighbridge, to confirm the quoted weight above???

This info would be useful as I am going to set up a generic profile in the G-Tech so that anyone who wants to do a run can use it, with reasonably accurate figures.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

How much juice did you have in the tank?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"The quoted stock weight is 2195 pounds, so I'm 142 pounds overweight   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

So you need you go on a diet!

I guess I could help you there with my part time job.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Just under three quarters.

Anonymous

If I recall correctly, kerb weight is quoted with 1/8th of a tank.  So you'll loose some weight there.  Probably a little more if you lose some washer fluid too.

Slacey

Anyone know how much a litre of fuel weighs?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

As for the fully loaded weight (with driver), that definately could benefit from a little weight loss!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

about 0.7Kg/litre or 1.54pounds/litre

Slacey

So, on a 48 litre tank (I think?),

Three quarters = 36 litres, roughly 55lbs

1/8 = 6 litres, roughly 9lbs

Difference, 55lbs minus 9lbs = 46lbs

Which makes my car around 96lbs heavier than stock - not quiteas bad as my first set of figures   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Cool, so if I'm not talking out of my arse, then you've just lost 1/3 of the extra.

Anonymous

I am in Telford 3 times a week, I could borrow the 2  from Sue @ bring it over. We could use the same weighbridge, the car is standard with no extras @ knowing my partner there will be verry little petrol in the tank.

Anonymous

I hope you dont find its those lovely 17"'s and the extra paint on the hoops!  Luckily the red swoosh shouldnt weigh too much.

SteveJ

Quote from: "Slacey"So, on a 48 litre tank (I think?),

Three quarters = 36 litres, roughly 55lbs

1/8 = 6 litres, roughly 9lbs

Difference, 55lbs minus 9lbs = 46lbs

Which makes my car around 96lbs heavier than stock - not quiteas bad as my first set of figures   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Then add the weight of the style bars, the TTE exhaust which IIRC is somewhat heavier than the stock unit and the additional speakers and amps and I think we are getting close to accounting for your extra weight.

Factor in the additional rotational inertia of 17" wheels and you don't need the g-tech to establish your 0-60 time - simply watching the position of the sun in the sky should be good enough (if you want slightly more accurate you could use a sun-dial but I think that may be overkill)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"[you don't need the g-tech to establish your 0-60 time - simply watching the position of the sun in the sky should be good enough (if you want slightly more accurate you could use a sun-dial but I think that may be overkill)

ROFL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

I reckon Steves not far off.

the TTE is 2lbs heavier than stock, and the wheels, well Mille Miglia are some of teh heavier wheels.

stocks are approx 15lbs each expect the miglias to be around 25lbs
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Thanks for that Steve, I'll bear it in mind, you cheeky sod!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I knew where all the extra weight was (my sig gives it away, doesn't it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ), I just didn't expect it to add up to so much, but I'm with Mark on the wheels, I guessed at 10lbs heavier than stock per wheel.

The main problem is me, I weighed myself yesterday too, adding an extra......

Now that would be telling   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Sean

David said the style bars were about 6.5kg, so that makes another 14lbs extra.

s:D :D s:D

Comer

Tut tut Sean, the TRD rear brace will add weight too  s:D :D s:D
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Slacey

Quote from: "Comer"Tut tut Sean, the TRD rear brace will add weight too  s:D :D s:D
I know, I just can't help myself!

I'll have to weigh that bl*ody thing as well now   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Tags: