VDO Dayton

Started by heathstimpson, November 13, 2003, 09:44

heathstimpson

I know that it's not directly related about my 2, but does anyone know if VDO Dayton HU's are any good? They make HU's that are totally compatible with the dash screens etc on Vauxhalls and my other family mobile is one of those. Cheers
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

VDO are pretty good, if function over substance is your thing - an awful lot of manufacturers use there stuff now, so it can't be that bad.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

VDO is pretty good, I used to have a Kenwood that was directly compatible with Vauxhall dash displays as well, so it might be worth looking there as well...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "GSB"I used to have a Kenwood that was directly compatible with Vauxhall dash displays as well, so it might be worth looking there as well...
I think most Sony units are too, with an adapter.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I have a VDO radio/navigation unit in my other car. No problems at all and I would recommend it.

Anonymous

Kenwood, Sony, Alpine and Pioneer along with VDO Dayton are all compatible with VXL Units.

They all require adaptors (Unsure about the VDO Dayton).

The Sony Adaptor is about £25

The others are between £60 and £90.

James.

Anonymous

VDO over priced heaps of poo !

Just mu opion give nothing extra above a alpine or pioneer just a larger psace left in your wallet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Buster"VDO over priced heaps of poo !

Just mu opion give nothing extra above a alpine or pioneer just a larger psace left in your wallet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
If I can get the adapters for Alpine I certainly won't be getting one of them now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

GSB

Quote from: "bigun007"They all require adaptors (Unsure about the VDO Dayton).

The Kenwood I boight about 3-4 years ago had a direct output to vauxhall dash displays, no adaptor required.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I'm VERY suprised, having owned VAuxhalls all my driving life i've never come across that and had loadsa headunits as they kept getting stolen, which model was it if you can remember so i can pass the info onto a mate who still has an Astra.

Cheers

James.

Tags: