Tyres and their speeds

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2007, 20:20

Chris_h

Chris,

Just to throw another factor into the mix (i am sure you may be aware of) is that it is not possible to get hold of A043 rears anymore - they have stopped making them (in the rear size at least).

My T dealer also said a similar thing about the RE040 rear, although it would appear they are available, but not plentiful.

I have had a Bridge, Yoko AO43 and Yoko A539 shod MR2 - I would have been happy to continue with a043's, but my rears were dead and I could not source any (shame, as my fronts have 5-6mm tread).

Chris
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

filcee

Quote from: "Chris_h"My T dealer also said a similar thing about the RE040 rear, although it would appear they are available, but not plentiful.
Oh pants!   s:-( :-( s:-(  The one thing that has stopped me moving to another tyre is that I like the 'feel' of the Bridgies.  Now I'm gonna have to stay up to date with all the tyres available, rather than taking the 'easy' option on the back of Toyota R&D (or so I think!  s:-D :-D s:-D  )
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

ChrisGB

Quote from: "Chris_h"Chris,

Just to throw another factor into the mix (i am sure you may be aware of) is that it is not possible to get hold of A043 rears anymore - they have stopped making them (in the rear size at least).

My T dealer also said a similar thing about the RE040 rear, although it would appear they are available, but not plentiful.

I have had a Bridge, Yoko AO43 and Yoko A539 shod MR2 - I would have been happy to continue with a043's, but my rears were dead and I could not source any (shame, as my fronts have 5-6mm tread).

Chris

Good point about availability. Being an obscure size, it may be worth ordering  a few weeks in advance. I remember when I got my new 040 rears, there was a wait for them.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

ChrisGB

What about Hankook R-S2? These seem to get favourable reviews on SC. Sticky and available in suitable (though not stock) sizes.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Chris_h

I enjoyed Falken FK452 on a previous car - just don't want to be a guinea pig on the 2!
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

rtbiscuit

i up my pressure on the toyos to 34 on the rear and 30 on the front.

handles pretty well, but i can't remember what the original pressures on the original tyres was meant to be!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

I run those exact same pressures on my toyos - nice balance.
They definately benefit from higher pressures to stiffen them up.

IIRC the stock pressures are 27psi/32psi front/rear.

Although on returning from the garage they can range anywhere between 20 and 40psi  s:D :D s:D

Tags: