Tyres for facelit

Started by Anonymous, March 29, 2007, 11:38

Anonymous

Hi.

I've done (lots!) of searches and have not found an answer to my particular question.

I have a facelift, 03 roadster, currently with OE Yokos on the rear (which replaced OE Yokos 10k miles ago) and dodgy Maxxis on the front (thats how I bought it - from a toyota dealer)

The front tread never seems to wear and I appreciate the handling problems caused by this combination (funds didnt allow 4 new yokos last tyre change)

This time, rear need replacing again and Yoko are hard to come by (and £100 each). I fancy something new and matching all round and looks like the choices are OE bridgestones (circa £120 each) or toyos (£210 a set of 4)

toyos seem great value, and get a better review on this site overall than the Yoko and Bridgestones.

However tyre size seems a problem.

Standard is :
185/55 r15, 215/45 r16

Toyo options are
185/55 r15, 225/40 r16 or
195/50 r15, 225/40 r16

What problems (if any) will result in the different rear size (ignoring  the 2.3% rolling radius change in speedo etc)

and should I got for standard front size or alter both front and rear?

Thanks in advance for your help

kanujunkie

camskill will do you £191 for 4 toyo t1-r's

225/45/16 and 195/50/15
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

BenF

Lotus Elise S1 Advan Neovas - if your pockets are deep enough - that gives you 195 on the front and 225 on the rear.

Not cheap at £440 for a set but you won't find a better tyre (wet grip / progression ) anywhere.
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

ninjinski

Quote from: "BenF"Lotus Elise S1 Advan Neovas - if your pockets are deep enough - that gives you 195 on the front and 225 on the rear.

Not cheap at £440 for a set but you won't find a better tyre (wet grip / progression ) anywhere.

Agreed- Using them at the moment, great tyre!
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

Yep, the Yokohama Advan Neovas are Lotus specific tyres (ie hard to find) - but they are a great tyre - fitted mine last year £385 inc fitting & balancing

link to previous thread:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=#116425 m

Tags: