Repair Jap HU

Started by Anonymous, November 22, 2003, 18:02

Anonymous

Hi guys

1. Does anyone know of somewhere I can get a Japanese HU (CD,MD) repaired, just took delivery of car and it doesn't work  s:( :( s:(  .
2. Can anyone tell me if it is worth it or indeed cost effective to have repaired  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Any help greatly appreciated, as although the Blitz Intake sounds fab its a little wearing after a while with no sounds to go with it.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

well bear in mind the radio won't work without a band expander.

Cost of repair plus that, unless it's something special with a big screen as well, I'd skip it and buy a new one.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Thanks Markii

Had a feeling that was going to be the case, oh well off to search the audio sites of the world  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

My OEM Sony is still up for grabs... http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=739

Jap GT300

I have a double din Toyota CD MD for sale if you are interested?

Adam

Anonymous

adair69 has the jap unit got a screen??

Anonymous

HU
Buster

Sorry for the late reply, no its just the standard CD/MD (I guess sony) HU.

As for the guys with units for sale, thanks very much, but I'm going to probably go down a bit of an amateur ICE install nothing fancy just nicer lookin' with some toys on it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thanks though

Anonymous

what exactly is wrong with it as they can be repaire but normally as it's the mosfet that gose and that noramlly costs around £50 to be reparied!

But if you go to  w www.caraudiodiscount.co.uk w

they have good bargins   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

HU
Thanks Buster

Been trawling the web for prices already  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  however.......

Have a friend coming over from Hong Kong in 2 weeks time and have sent him the models I'm interested in, I would imagine he'll be able to get at least £1-200 off what we pay  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Oh and the HU just has no power or life (think somethings blown inside)

Anonymous

Could just be the internal fuses like a 13A house hold fuses but with a glass outcase and a think wire inside could be just this blown nornally about 2A can get them from Halfords !

If you want to ahve a look open it up and trace where the power comes into the unit and then close to this will be the pop in fuses !

But be warned of JAP h/u being imported into the UK as some of them wont work! so make sure your mate gets the right one

Anonymous

HU
Thanks buster

I'll have a look and maybe save myself a few hundred  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Message for buster...

Took the unit out (oh what fun), and took it apart. Didn't seem to have any fuses gone so i thought I'd look at the wiring from the car as the place that did the SVA had fitted a band thingy. I thought this odd as if the stereo wasn't working why would they fit one?
Anyway long story short spliced the wire from the cigarette lighter into the harness and the unit came on. Problem, the unit sort of went on and off none stop. I then out the original wire back in and nothing?

Is the car going to turn around and start killing my friends? ....................or do I have a power problem? I didn't alter the battery wire in any way, and also the SVA people put a new battery on when the car came over as the old one had died.

Help!!
p.s Thinking of calling the car Christy....

Anonymous

dont connect it up to the cig lighter as it wont be fused properly but find the nearest 12 V constant supply then take a feed from the ignition barrel  ACC, then splice these back into teh loom and then you should have constant power from the 12V and ignition supply (remote) from ACC oand for now earth it anywhere metal !

If the unit still has problems then it's $%&%ed but if it stayes on and KEEPS it memory keep the wires spliced and make a perminat earth

Anonymous

Thanks Buster going to give it a shot and see what happens.
:LOL

Anonymous

oh a word of warning MAKE SURE YOU FUSE IT   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  or the car may not start again   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Aahh methinks now is the time to get a professional on the case. Wouldn't want a non-starter would I now (':lol:')

Tags: