An alternative cast turbo manifold..

Started by aaronjb, June 11, 2007, 20:07

aaronjb

Browsing around I came across this:
 m http://www.xs-engineering.com/xsstore/p ... oduct=4011 m

Now I know XS don't exactly have the greatest reputation (and look at the large pic - that's some hideous casting right there!) - but lets face it, how badly can you screw up a cast manifold?

Shame it's using an IHI turbo flange, rather than the (more common - over here, at least) Garrett flange - but at that price it's worth considering for anyone thinking of the custom turbo route..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

if its lumpy and bumpy, just take an angle grinder to it!

is that flange totally unusable? couldn't you get an adaptor flange made up?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Oh it could probably be used - I could even go IHI instead of Garrett..

Although unless Japanparts tell me they can't get the TS kit for a million weeks, I'll probably just do that  s;) ;) s;)

Still it makes for an interesting option, and it's always good to have options  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Wabbitkilla

What about this one at $339?

Here it is

Quote;
Turbo Exhaust Manifolds - Toyota
These are the same cast iron Exhaust Manifolds that we use in our Turbo Specialties Superior & Extreme Turbo Kits!

Use them to customize your own Turbo set-up with our Garrett Turbos and Turbo Accessories.

Will fit Garret Turbo T25, T25BB, T28 and T28RS.
Will NOT fit Garret Turbo T3 and T4

Note: Takes up to 14 days to ship.

Corolla 1ZZ-FE 1.8L (98-02) EXMAN-TOY03 $339
Corolla 1ZZ-FE 1.8L (03-05) EXMAN-TOY05 $339

All for Garret Turbos!!  s8) 8) s8)
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

aaronjb

Nice find there!   s8) 8) s8)

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"how adly can you screw up a cast manifold?

How about making a cast manifold that doesn't physically fit to the engine?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Not so funny, when they refused to refund or replace it though.  s:? :? s:?

That was the last XS-item I bought. It was from XS-power, but they go by many XS-whatever names. They are bloody cheap though and I have no info about the 1ZZ manifold, maybe it works just fine.

Also, have you seen the XS-whatever turbos? Apparently they are rebuilt failed turbos, which were sometimes put together by epoxy, which made them fall to piece the first time you got some heat into them.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"Also, have you seen the XS-whatever turbos? Apparently they are rebuilt failed turbos, which were sometimes put together by epoxy, which made them fall to piece the first time you got some heat into them.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Yeah I remember those pictures - they were quite classic  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hey look maw, no welding!  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: