Infinity Kappa 65.5cs

Started by Anonymous, December 5, 2003, 09:33

Anonymous

Just a quick question but got these all in for £149.99.   s8) 8) s8)  Seen them for everything up to £210!!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
Did I get a good price or is someone going to burst my bubble.
  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:  

One more thing, why aren't these listed on Infinity's web site anywhere, even as historical items  s:? :? s:?  

If the price is good (bearing in mind its inc VAT and delivery) the site is
 m http://www.caraudiosecurity.com/ m

....Hope its good  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "adair69"One more thing, why aren't these listed on Infinity's web site anywhere, even as historical items  s:? :? s:?

I'm not sure what 65.5 is supposed to be...but if it's just a typo, meaning the Kappa 60.5 6.5" 2-way component set, then it's still on their site:
 m http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio ... AP&Cat=COS m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Hi Tem

No I thought that at first but there are 60.5 and 65.5cs for sale on various websites.   s:? :? s:?  
KAPPA 65.5cs

6½" (165mm) 2-way component system.
CMMD. PlusOne.
Passive crossover.
90w RMS
270w max power
Product Description

Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragms™ with Plus One™ (patent-pending) – Infinity's Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm material is a major breakthrough in transducer-diaphragm technology. For tweeters, it offers superior stiffness and damping compared to traditional metal domes, moving the first significant breakup mode to the 30kHz region. For woofer and midrange applications, it offers pistonic operation over the entire usable range of the driver, completely eliminating colorations due to cone breakup modes and, thus, dramatically reducing distortion. Finally, the diaphragm will not deteriorate when exposed to moisture, sunlight or extreme temperatures, making ceramic metal matrix an ideal material for automotive applications. Each Kappa loudspeaker also features Plus One. This technology allows us to deliver a cone that is up to 30% larger than those in competing speakers of the same size. The result of this patent-pending technology is an audible increase in efficiency and bass output.
Cast-Polymer Speaker Baskets – Each Kappa model uses a nonconductive cast-polymer basket to ensure all magnetic energy is focused at the voice coil. This execution yields increased efficiency and midrange detail.
Computer-Optimized Voice-Matched Passive Crossover with Custom Contour™ – The Kappa 50.5cs comes with an outboard passive crossover that has been voice-matched to ensure that it will integrate seamlessly with other Kappa models. The Custom Contour feature allows you to vary the system''s response to compensate for speaker location and taste. This computer-optimized crossover ensures a flawless performance with incredible detail and accuracy.

KAPPA 60.5cs

Product Features

6½" (160mm) 2-way component system.
CMMD. PlusOne.
Passive crossover.
90w RMS
270w max power
Product Description

Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragms™ with Plus One™ (patent-pending) – Infinity's Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm material is a major breakthrough in transducer-diaphragm technology. For tweeters, it offers superior stiffness and damping compared to traditional metal domes, moving the first significant breakup mode to the 30kHz region. For woofer and midrange applications, it offers pistonic operation over the entire usable range of the driver, completely eliminating colorations due to cone breakup modes and, thus, dramatically reducing distortion. Finally, the diaphragm will not deteriorate when exposed to moisture, sunlight or extreme temperatures, making ceramic metal matrix an ideal material for automotive applications. Each Kappa loudspeaker also features Plus One. This technology allows us to deliver a cone that is up to 30% larger than those in competing speakers of the same size. The result of this patent-pending technology is an audible increase in efficiency and bass output.
Cast-Polymer Speaker Baskets – Each Kappa model uses a nonconductive cast-polymer basket to ensure all magnetic energy is focused at the voice coil. This execution yields increased efficiency and midrange detail.
Computer-Optimized Voice-Matched Passive Crossover with Custom Contour™ – The Kappa 50.5cs comes with an outboard passive crossover that has been voice-matched to ensure that it will integrate seamlessly with other Kappa models. The Custom Contour feature allows you to vary the system''s response to compensate for speaker location and taste. This computer-optimized crossover ensures a flawless performance with incredible detail and accuracy.
I-Mount™ (patent no. 5,859,917) – This tweeter-mounting system is found on the 50.5cs, 60.5cs and 10.5t. It enables easy and versatile tweeter installation, whether surface, flush or angled.

But stiil as you say not on their web site  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Interest though because I've just checked the comparison on a web site and its as above. Other than the I mount and half a mm I can't see anything different? Even though the 60.5cs is cheaper on some websites than the 65.5cs.

How confusing.... Is this just one of those Marketing ploys that packages two exact products the same and hopes you pay more??  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Tem

I really don't know...maybe the other has replaced the other..?

They don't seem to have any older products on their site...

Anonymous

Ha HA!!!..... EEEureekaaaa!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

On their web site if you go to the Rest of the world tab  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Hit English  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

and then look at the range they have the same specs but a more ltd range of names outside of the US.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Didn't look properly  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Anyway they are there and incidentally i've found these speakers at £249 & £279!!!!!!!! On some websites That's nearly £150 more than I paid.

LeeUK

Are the speakers good?

Is there plenty of bass!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I like the look of infinity's, may invest in some eventually!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tem

Quote from: "LeeUK"Are the speakers good?

Is there plenty of bass!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I like the look of infinity's, may invest in some eventually!

I have...had...well, still have the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" component system. I did listen to several speakers and personally I thought these were the best. TBH, the Kappa is very close to Kappa Perfect, but there is a difference. These give great bass...I had dynamat on the doors though, so it helps a bit as well. But I got comments about how my sub sounded very nice, keeping up with fast bass and not too loud...though I didn't have a sub at all.

Then I decided that a sports car doesn't need a stereo  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

m http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio ... PE&Cat=COS m

(used for some 6 months and for sale if anyone wants them)

Anonymous

Oh please everyone take a step back Infinity are S***

Com'on i have listen to almost all teh speakers you can posibly fit depth wise in the 2 and the best by far are the Focal's polykevalars. But as these are very expensive then the next best are either Normall focals or Kicker, JL or magnet!

Simple as Infifniety are made by the same manufactures as JBL !!!!!!! and they are S*** as well

But to be far if you have bought them then Power then up big style they can take a lot of RMS so use it dont power it off teh headunit because it you wont get the most out of them.

Dont take offence to my views on speakers   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

DAZ400

Like some one said it is all down to personal choice, and you dissed my Pioneers Buster but I think they are great with 17cm in the front and 20 cm in the luggage doors the frequency response range is excellent so people just pick what sounds best to your own ears !!!!!!!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Anonymous

of course and as im probobly deaf now from working on too many bass installs i proboly can only feal the temmours LOL

But daz have you sean the new range of pioneer speakers coming out   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   they look very nice But looks ant all of course but from my freind in the US in which they have been relised for a round 2 months they take a lot of power and deliver it well.

Wont mine trying them out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: