DOTZ wheels fitted ( pics added )

Started by Anonymous, August 9, 2007, 17:38

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"It's not wasted money really as you can keep the 205's for the front when you wear out the current ones.

Exactly what I did  s8) 8) s8)

Fronts will last about twice what the rears do though, you're right about that.

Anonymous

Well i just spoke to my wife about changing the tyres and.......................she was ok about it!!!!   s:) :) s:)  
thought i was in for it but no just o'h well buy some others then....hang on that must mean out of just my money again  s:( :( s:(  

hahaha never mind, and sorry for getting my back up when your trying to help

cheers

patrick  s8) 8) s8)

aaronjb

Quick, you're clearly on a roll - tell her it needs lowering, too  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  yea right defo not pushing my luck

just been asked to work sunday!! couldn't say no really i'v got THINGS to pay for   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "patrick_devereux"Well i just spoke to my wife about changing the tyres and.......................she was ok about it!!!!   s:) :) s:)  

Yay!!   s8) 8) s8)     See, we're not all bad...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Quote from: "patrick_devereux"hahaha never mind, and sorry for getting my back up when your trying to help

s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

yes am feelin the love now, even you Dan sitting behind your pc   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Mite even sign up for the tresure hunt if i have my new tyres on .... Bloody hell imagen that, turning up there with 205's all round   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

just looked at the price there £95 each eeeeek

so if i get these would anyone be intrested in buying the old ones???

i could keep them but there isnt much point really i'd rathere cut my losses and finance the new ones....

Liz

Put them on ebay - I sold some off my Porsche which were part worn and they sold ok.

Not looking forward to replacing my rear tyres if the 225's are £95 each - I have got 245's  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Wabbitkilla

Whoah - i see what you mean.

That's the price of going for 17" wheels though.
Tyres are never going to be cheap at that size!

I think i'll stick to 16"  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

A mate of mine just paid £225 for one tyre!! but yeah it was for an 18" 255/35 BMW Z4! but ouch!

Anonymous

Quote from: "m4lly"Ps 3's a crowd can you lower my car too!

post a pic or pm it i'll lower it no probs
it's the cheapest way of lowering  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

northernalex

Standard lowering - nails
Delux lowering - screws  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

heathstimpson

Patrick all I can say to conclude is this site offers lots of really good advise because we now from experience. Over the last few years we have seen quite a few newbies come and go who have ignored the advise given, putting matched tyres on new 17" rims and laughing off about the danger before writing of their car. One guy got his older brother on telling us we were just trying to scare him, he was in the car trade and new better and had a go at us. Within four weeks the car was smashed up and it all went quite. So sometimes the mods get a little irrate that another member has gone and done the same thing again. Good on you that you have now realised that it makes sense to put it right and possible save your car and more importantly you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

And by the way Dan is a top bloke  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Yea im just a bit gutted pulling more money out for a problem i thought i had solved, money that i wanted on lowering the car and some extras ( key hole covers and such ) but the overall safety comes first.

Who knows i mite even thank Dan for calling me a brain dead moron one day  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   he seems like an alright fella really just thought it was a bit harsh.

am going to tyr and sell the old standard wheels and the 205's to fund the move to 225's...... But on the up side the pre-cats are out now  s:D :D s:D  thanks to s-cars who said they were fine before they ripped the things oooot!!!

uktotty

I am sure you could sell the tyres on here if the price was right.
The wheels!!!! They are not fetching great amounts, last set I saw went for £40 for all 4

Anonymous

yea i was looking for about £50 ish for them with tyres.. 1 pireli 1 michelin 2 chapmiro GT!!! on the back   s:? :? s:?  bubbling paint at no extra cost!!

the toyo's what would yopu say the right price there about £90 each  s:? :? s:?

Tem

Quote from: "uktotty"I am sure you could sell the tyres on here if the price was right.
The wheels!!!! They are not fetching great amounts, last set I saw went for £40 for all 4

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I wonder if there's a cheap way to get them into Finland..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: