Removable sub/amp?

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2003, 02:00

Anonymous

Hi all!

So this'll be my first post then. And what better way to start than with a question...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I really want to fit a sub and amp to my '2, sitting them in the rear storage bins. The problem is, however, that I share my car with my fiancee, and she's not too keen on the whole idea...

So basically what I need to know is:

Is it possible to fit both the sub and amp, but have it so that they're removable for when she takes the car out? Is it possible to wire the whole set-up up leaving just some sort of quick-connector block dangling in the bins, ready to plug the sub into when I get a go in the car? I'm no audio expert, so I'll be getting a local ICE garage to do it for me, but I'd like to have some idea of what I'm talking about when I go in there...  s:D :D s:D  

Cheers!

Anonymous

yeah you can get complete packages like so:

All this needs is a power supply +ve and -Ve and a remote from teh h/u. And of course the teh sub singal cable from h/u

for quick removal use :

but on the +ve use a female so it dose short out on anything !

Anonymous

this is one of the better ones couldnt find it before:

m http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?cp ... mode%3Dall m

Anonymous

Thanks for the info + link Buster, much appreciated!

Time to go visit that garage, methinks...  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

no worries (dont supose you know how to fit exhausts do you LOL) its a joke dont worry   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

& thank you Ekona for such a simple idea to my very similar problem    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

ar har Silvers after some base good lads   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"no worries (dont supose you know how to fit exhausts do you LOL) its a joke dont worry   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I certainly do...

...find a friend who REALLY knows how to fit them and ply them with beer until they say they'll fit it for you!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

LeeUK

Well i've been thinking for some time about an install and i'm not sure whether to go for something like this:

But i've never heard a bass tube and don't know if they're any good?!

Or a full MDF install with 10" sub and an amp either side, that would be all fixed in with some quick release brackets to remove it fast!  It would be nice to show off my carpentry skills!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I face the problem of having a girlfriend who likes to use my car as a portable hair salon!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  She's getting better though, bless er' cotton Irish socks!

Ekona, you'll have to change your location to "The Village of the Damed!"   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

kanujunkie

did wonder if anyone had mapped out the interior of the one side of the luggage area and made a bass box that custom fits the area. i'm going to do this in the summer when the weathers better and will post the drawings for anyone to use then. my only problem  is that i dont know how the internals of a bass box are made up, but i'm sure Buster can put me right on that. watch out here late summer for the drawings
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "LeeUK"some quick release brackets to remove it fast

Ooh, good point, I hadn't actually got round to thinking of how I was going to fix the damn thing down...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Took a ride in my mate's Mitsi GTO last night (nice car, but it's not a '2...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) and he's got the full works in: Subs, amps, XBox and a 7" widescreen LCD. I mentioned this to the missus, and now she actually wants all that stuff as well! I should have told her sooner: it would have saved a lot of begging and washing up...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

to get the biggest box i had to make an exact replcar of the bins and i done this by using glass fibre !

I will write a report on it as i took pics while doing it buit never got round to writeing it up!

But it's easy to do adn better than trying to use MDF all the way   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

how much would u charge to do a group buy buster my man  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

when i get some time after my exams i will start it up again but my exams are middle of jan sorry   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

But fear not i shall do i write up in the mean time so you an give it a ago yourself
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

cheers ears.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Good man Buster!  s:D :D s:D  that will save me some time if you've already done it, shout out when you do write it up. Thanx my good man   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: